A tale of 17 gamers

Retaliator Auric, complete:

gallery_37532_7179_24267.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_28758.jpg

A monster amongst men, Brother Auric is young, and has known only the Tyrant's leadership ethic within the Astral Claws. He views the people of the Imperium as beholden to the Astral Claws and their fellow Maelstrom Warders for having the courage to stand against the tide of filth before them; the fools that refuse to allow their reorganization, and in effect the purging of the Maelstrom, behind them. As such, as the Badab War has ground on, he has become more and more disillusioned and disgusted with the Imperium as a whole, incapable of understanding the sins his Chapter is guilty of. In response, Auric began venting his uncontrolled fury upon Loyalist Astartes, literally tearing his former brothers limb from limb and desecrating each foe's chapter heraldry. Auric was last seen on Badab itself during The Fall, alone, diving into the sewer tunnels to engage Carcharadons pouring into the Hive, howling his fury at his homeworld's desecration. His brother's heard him fall over the vox, his meat-choked chainaxe finally going silent following the stattaco burst of a storm bolter on full auto.

:HQ:

I'm your goalpost, remember? :P

Ball's in your court, Oli.

The goalpost keeps moving! :P

I've been... busy, mucking about with Necromunda Cawdors. Which isn't really an excuse, as I've been chipping away at the squad. I'll post up a picture tomorrow. :)

@Everyone: Thanks guys! I'm still not entirely happy with the paint job, but practice makes perfect right?

@Oli: Complain, complain, complain.... :lol: Naw, I've got my own addiction too. Fallout: New Vegas has been making it really hard to get any work done, so I know where you're coming from, lol.

Yeah, all my fluff will have the majority of my LXII Auxilla Legion dying within the burning wreckage of Hive Dominar against the blades of the Sharks and the guns of the Legio Crucius. Only three survivors will make it out alive, to carve vengeance into the Imperiums' heart... one of them well known to all.... :D

That Astral Claw looks awesome 1000heathens! ;)

@Mr. Malevolent, there is a second group floating around here doing something similar, but with no limit on people joining. I'd suggest checking it out as well, as it has some great stuff too! B)

Okay, here's what my chipping away has done (still can't find that damnable brass etch):

gallery_60566_6313_2533101.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_215975.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_133714.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_838471.jpg

These are mostly done, modelling-wise, but not completely.

Week 4 Mini-Challenge

As usual this mini-challenge is completely optional and by no means compulsory. The challenge is to build a single model which highlights the stranger side of your chapter. The Blood Angels have their Death Company, the Space Wolves have the Mark of the Wulfen and the Iron Hands have their hatred of weakness. Many of the chapters participating in the Badab War also had their quirky side. Here are some (non-canon) ideas to get you started: -

- When did the Fire Hawks begin their tortuous transformation into the Legion of the Damned? Was it during the Badab War?

- As befits their traditional armament, the Marines Errant have once again been sighted using xenos weaponry.

- It was recorded that an honoured veteran of the war on Ymgarl was accompanying the Salamanders on the battlegrounds of the Badab War. He carried many trophies and baubles collected from that terrible place.

- Could the hololithic projection that accompanies the Minotaurs actually be one of the High Lords of Terra commanding his own personal chapter?

- What mechanical monstrosities did the Sons of Medusa bring to the Badab War and do their Astartes carry portable data-looms to predict the gematric patterns of the battlefield?

- What happened to the Tiger Claws while they were lost in the warp? Surely they must have been corrupted during their time within that twisted realm.

- Intelligence reports have confirmed that Alpha Legion operatives were at work during the Badab campaign. How far did their insidious influence extend and could they have infiltrated any of the chapters taking part?

- Some members of the Star Phantoms chapter have been seen wearing hoods and robes. What are they trying to hide?

- The Excorcists are occasionally accompanied by a mighty Grey Knight Purifier to ensure they are free from warp-taint.

- What's that small, hideous creature that follows in Lord Huron's shadow?

- A battle-brother of the Executioners was reported as being completely covered in flayed skins and skulls except for his glowing eye lenses. Was this marine one of the fabled death-speakers?

- When the Astral Claws launched viral-corrosive weapons at the Fire Angels what effect did it have on their super-human physiques?

For my Raptors I've decided to make a model suffering from the curse of the Weregeld which lies hidden deep within their geneseed. I want to make this model pretty big with claws tearing through his gauntlets and power armour bursting at the seems. Unfortunately, I'm hampered by my modelling skills but I'm going to have a good attempt anyway. As I'm using the Space Wolves codex to represent my Raptors this Weregeld model will be a perfect stand-in for a model with the Mark of the Wulfen.

Good luck everyone.

First of all, let me congratulate every one on the wonderful minis they're producing. Very inspirational!

Secondly, I've finished (minus the base) my firs Fire Angel!

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2181.jpg?t=1337319828

Front angle.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2183.jpg?t=1337319619

3/4 view showing chapter symbol and knee markings.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2182.jpg?t=1337319687

Keep up the great work everybody :drool:

I like your take on the Fire Angels, but I am not a fan of the eyes.. Its too much of a deviation from the black sunglass style lenses they are meant to have.

Personal opinion of course, everything is nicely executed (could do with painting the cables near their feet though!)

First of all, let me congratulate every one on the wonderful minis they're producing. Very inspirational!

Secondly, I've finished (minus the base) my firs Fire Angel!

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2181.jpg?t=1337319828

Front angle.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2183.jpg?t=1337319619

3/4 view showing chapter symbol and knee markings.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2182.jpg?t=1337319687

Keep up the great work everybody :lol:

I really like the lenses. Mind sharing how you did that?

@plasman: Thanks for the encouragement mate :)

I like your take on the Fire Angels, but I am not a fan of the eyes.. Its too much of a deviation from the black sunglass style lenses they are meant to have.

Personal opinion of course, everything is nicely executed (could do with painting the cables near their feet though!)

Thanks mate. I'm a fan of your Fire Angels, especially the company champion. He is pure awesome.

I had a good look through the Fire Angels' entry in the Badab war before i started painting. I didn't think I'd be able to make the black eye lenses look good without them looking too grey (thanks to highlighting). Plus i feel that the black looks 'unfinished'.

I really like the lenses. Mind sharing how you did that?

Thanks mate. I love giving my space marines glowing eyes. I think it helps to make them look more intimidating.

Recipe.

Lenses.

I started with a mechrite red coat.

Next i painted blood red over the top.

After that i just added golden yellow to the mix (about 2-3 stages) until I finished of with pure yellow.

Glow.

I simply used watered down blood red. After the first layer had dried I added a second.

To finish up i took boltgun metal and neatened up the transition between the silver and the red.

Archived