New to the Legion!

d3m01iti0n

Whats up guys, Im fresh off a 2000 point Black Templar build and its time to get into Chaos. Im going for Alpha Legion as they really stand out fluff-wise and visually. Going to stay away from Daemons and use a blend of SM and CSM goodies for these guys (until the rumored AL sprues hit!)

Now Im considering my build. Quick question......I read the Legion has a big time emphasis on Chosen CSMs for Infiltration and Outflanking I believe? Where do I find these rules? Didnt see them in the Codex, perhaps its a FAQ? Im going to go nutty with that build, all angles.

Welcome!

I think Chosen are indeed popular for themed Alpha Legion lists since they're pretty much our only infiltrating units. Someday I'd like to paint a few up using loyalists colors (with a few hints to their actual allegiance).

Oh Im gonna get silly with Infiltrating and Drop Podding. I really hate to buy anything until the new sprues are out though. Have a lot of leftover SM bits to use however, gonna keep it fluffy.

Oh Im gonna get silly with Infiltrating and Drop Podding. I really hate to buy anything until the new sprues are out though. Have a lot of leftover SM bits to use however, gonna keep it fluffy.

Drop pods aren't in the current codex?

Good luck with the project :lol:

Good luck with the project ;)

Rumors point to a plastic Chaos DropPod I think

They do? I haven't heard this, I know people keep wanting a Dreadclaw, but I thought that its just wishful thinking at the moment?

They do? I haven't heard this, I know people keep wanting a Dreadclaw, but I thought that its just wishful thinking at the moment?

How do we know that the rumors aren't anything more than wishful thinking?

Good luck with the project :P

Well true, but its not in the rumors threads, its only in the "what would you like to see in codex chaos spaces marines" threads. Doesn't bother me really, I'm content to wait till GW reveals all. Mostly. ;)

when you personaly know that people writing them work for GW and it is either a controled leak or breach of the NDR.

Ah but we cannot prove that without proving the writers have committed a breach in contract punishable by termination. And since the rumors match up with the Wishlists, for all we know they are wishful thinking. So, how do we know if the rumors are rumors or actual facts without viable proof of the source?

either you know people who work on them or do their translations or you dont . IF you do you can ask about the rumors and know how it looks like . + there is stuff that stays the same whent he same desing team makes the codex.

If you ask how do you prove to others that rumors are true/false , the the anwser is you dont . There is no gain in it , neither for you [in long term because your friends will know you are leaking stuff , which may cost them their job ] nor for them [bye bye job]. And personaly you are still getting the extra 1-2 months of army testing . So it is a win/win .

First 10 man CSM squad is built and primed. Im kind of experimenting with these guys; I was looking for a blue/purple/green oil slick kind of look. I painted them and hit em with some fancy nail polish my gf had and they came out nicely. Ill post pics after work. Also got some Khorne Zerks and painted one.

Archived