The black rage consuming me

ThegrayBush13

Hello Battle Brothers, I am in need of some help from some of the crazier vets out there. Ever since I started playing BA I've always wanted to play a full Death Company army, but never did for a few reasons. The most obvious one being, its not very smart. :) Being that I would more then likely lose any objective game, and almost ALWAYS being out numbered, and little fire support unless bringing land raiders, heavy dreads and/or Storm Ravens(which i already play most games with 2 SR). But the more i play with my DC the more I want to make a full army of these blood crazy meat grinders. I love the models, i love the fluff and cheese, and i love the way they destroy almost anything they touch(besides GK halberd armies >:I ). So im calling out to those crazier BA vets who have actually done this for some help. How did it turn out for you, was it mainly for fun, or could you find yourself actually being some what competitive depending on the list? Any advice and tips would be awesome.

Happy wargaming!!

Ummmmm...well, seeing as how I only played Angels for a short little bit, I can TRY to give you my words of wisdom.

Much like you, I love the brothers in black. The simple ideal of an entire army going to their deaths, KNOWING that this is their last battle is simply amazing :P

But moving on...The way that I ran them was highly aggressive. Don't use alot of points giving them jump packs because your army will be tiny as can be...Instead, get groups of them into drop pods along with DC dreadnoughts in pods. I swear by the look on your opponent's face when you throw a bunch of black drop pods down onto their heads, that it is truly glorious and makes opponent's plans go to shreds

i love the way they destroy almost anything they touch(besides GK halberd armies >:I ).

Lemartes is your solution.

I would include a single unit of outflanking scouts (sent to ensure that every DB brother dies after annihilating the enemy, so they do not run rampant through their allies) to take an objective at the end game.

Then get the requisite Astorath for multiple DC units, then ram dhem down your opponent's throat in a manner of your choosing.

Id consider 10jumpy assault marines with Astorath just because you can and it may help.

The rest razors and rhinos with DC - maybe even a raven with a DC dread or furioso so somethin.

Id consider something along the lines of->

Astorath

10 RAS -2MG, PF

8 DC- PF

Rhino

8 DC - PF

Rhino

6 DC - 2PW

Razor - TLLC

6 DC - 2PW

Razor - TLLC

DC DREAD - talons

Raven- EA

I have to agree with Raz, death company do amazing with double rerolls...the only problem is the price.

So I'd say that you should only use assault marines as a poorman's choice, but if you can, use some Death Company :D

4x8 death company all 1TH 2PW 2 IP

lemartes

astorath

chaplain

DC dread

all droppod

see how your opponent freeks out at 27 models of death company turn 1 in his deployment

Lemartes and Astorath can't use drop pods due to their jump packs.

4x8 death company all 1TH 2PW 2 IP

lemartes

astorath

chaplain

DC dread

all droppod

Your a little short on number of DC to run double infernus pistols. Lemartes counts as one extra member, but the others do not. IP is 1 per 5 DC. Otherwise not bad, I don't think lemartes can go in a drop pod either. Since you can not remove his Jump pack and you can't put a squad with JP's in a drop pod.

to bad for the not in drop pods i'll have to find something then for these guy's and adjust the pistols maybe take an extra chappy and drop lemartes and trow in another dc dread with the added points in a pod btw anybody any idea if this could work????

(i mean the list here xp)

Well Astorath can't pod either, and Lemmy's only 25 pts more than a chaplain with a pack and his Init is better. It might do to invest in jump packs, at least for one squad.

Either that or storm ravens.

Archived