Chapters of the Badab War painting challenge.

I love SM and painting BUT lack motivation, so this thread is for anyone like myself (and there are lots of us out there) with an interest in modelling Badab War forces and wants some extra encouragement or just other IA9+10 modelers to hang out with!.Its nothing too strenuous, just 1-2 units per month starting this May with a emphasis on encouragement and a relaxed attitude.

PLEASE sign up before 01/06/12 and you can use ANY GW system (BFG, Epic, etc) but try to recreate Badab deployment. Nothing too strenuous, just 1-2 units per month starting this May.

Post results in this thread, weve got everyone from award winning painter/modellers to people like me with all the skills (and enthusiasm) of a mad baboon, so lets all support each other!!!!

use this format (with brackets added) for posts; (thanks DXF)

basicheaderhalf=000000]

Posters Name, Post Number - Unit Description

[/basicheaderhalf

Carcharodon Astra: TristanAquaeusRodentbane, Mikhail

Star Phantoms: Biohazzard

Fire Hawks: spikyjames

Marines Errant: cal585,

Red Scorpions: matchbox, dusk tiger

Raptors: wilks

Salamanders: Grotsmasher

Fire Angels: Deus Ex Ferrum, Lorenzen

Novamarines: Chaplain Admetus, Apologist (epic scale)

Howling Griffons: Ferrus Manus

Sons of Medusa: emperors immortals, hermanista, IronFatherRik

Minotaurs: Chapter Master Kanithon, Brother Parradin, death given form

Exorcists: master_forcide

Astral Claws: Reyner, Chapter Master Ignis Domus (casual) , fudblinker,

Mantis Warriors: Doghouse

Lamenters: Lamenter marine, withchunter kraine

Executioners: ScottishSmurf96, Brother Richard, Herald of Ultramar

Tiger Claws: Dark Brotherhood

Tyrants legion; Dark Brotherhood

If anyone wants to do a different chapter, just let me know. Also anyone who wants to take multiple chapters, i guess they can if they feel they can commit to it.

AND anybody with other WIP or completed work can post here too.

Count me in. "Started" Novamarines about 6 months ago, but never got beyond a pair of test minis so I'll be starting from the same place as everyone else. This'll be a good excuse for me to actually paint up a decent sized force of them :P.

+EDIT+ B'oh. Just remembered I have a prior commitment for a similar thing with fantasy, and don't have the money to do both. Will do this if the other one collapses in on itself; since that one came first, I feel honour-bound to do that if it goes ahead, but in the meantime ignore me. I'd rather not take up someone else's spot if I'm not a certainty. Will post again when I know for sure.

Not so keen on the Campaign aspect of it as I've never used Vassal before but I'd be interested in joining and choosing a Chapter. Now let me see...

I'll take Astral Claws. (not at all influenced by the ACDC song I'm listening to...)

I think that if you dropped the campaign format of the thread and adopted the same format as the other thread many more people would be interested. Painting models is a lot easier than getting gaming in and campaigns can complicate things.

If this was the case I'd gladly jump in with the Mantis Warriors as I need to get the mojo going.

Cpt Wilks reporting.

I too would also like to get in on some of this action if possible please. I would really like to do the Raptor legion. I love there colourscheme and fluff. I have been umming and arring about what chapter to do for a long time and I feel this is the boost and motivation to get me going and stay committed.

On the campaign side of things I too may struggle as I dont really have gaming groups or friends that collect around me.

I'll take dibs on the Fire Hawks (I'd imagine there won't be too many takers for them anyway).

I've already done a tester and have just bought a tactical squad to make a start, I've a few other bits to get done before I start on these but the end of the month shouldn't be too hard for me to manage the first 5.

Here's the tester I did a while back.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/spikyjames/Fire%20Hawks/101_4746.jpg

I best get planning :yes:

James

Ok, I've scoured through my stuff and I have enough lying around that's unbuilt/unpainted that I should be able to do something with this. As long as expectations aren't too high ;). I'd also second the idea of scrapping the campaign, don't think I'll be able to do that. But would love the incentive to get some Novamarines done and at least up to 1500 points or thereabouts, so I'm in.

I'm already about to start a sort of map-based campaign with a few friends, but I'm using it with a new iteration of my Sons of Medusa army (the one that has attended 4 of the now 7 Throne of Skulls events). I am re-doing my Sons of Medusa, aiming to really spruce them up and go for an army painting nomination at the October Throne of Skulls this year.

I would, therefore, offer my services with the Sons of Medsua on this, however it seems that there are already two people pledged to do them, so I'm probably going to have to sit this one out unfortunately.

I also have an Exorcists army, but it has been done now for this past Throne of Skulls, and I'm going back to my Sons of Medusa, so I'd actually prefer not to do them at the moment.

I'm actually looking forward to this. I too saw the other thread to late to join and was very happy that someone has made another to partake in. I'm gonna look at some other raptor armies and topics for some inspiration.

I'll take that Lamenters spot thankyou.

Had my first tournament today, came 26th out of 29 (almost had that darn wooden spoon). I do already have a topic in th BA sub-forum showing my efforts of the last year or so but I now need to make new and exciting things if I want to get that wooden spoon next time.

I think we should maybe remove the "one person per chapter" restriction here; doing so would allow more people to participate. I also have to agree with the others about the campaign element, it should be dropper or optional. I won't have the opportunity to use a computer to play the campaign via Vassal, and I doubt anyone at my local club will be able to muster Badab only forces.

Wow, great response guys, so after some input im dropping the campaign side. I think its too complicated, and we'll open this list up to ANYONE wanting to do a Badab War army scheme.

So, this is a relaxed group of people who just want encouragement to finish an army (however small) with other modellers doing a Badab War scheme as well.

Restrictions on numbers are lifted,i just ask that at least one unit (anything from 5 painted marines to a full squad with Raider this is a strictly casual thing - so lets all get started!!!

Quick question, should we all post updates in this thread, or start our own WIP's?

Personally, I like the idea of one big thread where we can all post up our stuff... maybe if we title each of our posts to help with visual separation.

e.g:

Ferrus Manus, Post 1 - WIP Tactical Squad

Just a thought

Archived