Daemonhunters

Cailin

Hey all!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've loved the Grey Knight models since I saw them while they were still Daemonhunters, so when they came out in plastic I decided to buy a box and see what I could do with them. So far I've only painted one guy to get a feel of how I want to do the rest. So here's my test mini done with the new paints. I still have to paint and glue the psycannon and backpack but you get the idea of what he is (hopefully) going to look like.

This is my first go at the glowing eye lens, and think I like the color but I still have to work on the blending. If the engraving on his chest looks like it is different from one side to the other, it is. I decided to go with the darker base gold as the filler instead of the medium layer gold and picked out the letters with the bright gold.

gallery_55202_7180_34783.jpg

gallery_55202_7180_31651.jpg

You can see here i glazed the leads on the psychic hood blue and am going to try to make the justicar's leads glowing since he's the one that is channeling the squad.

gallery_55202_7180_78098.jpg

Here's a good look at the eye lenses.

gallery_55202_7180_4430.jpg

I am fairly pleased with how he is turning out. So what do you all think?

A good looking marine. Like the glowing lenses, and with practice you can get better at the blending, but to be honest, they are nice as it is. As for the heraldry, I find black lining in between the colours helps break it up neater. Other than that its a well painted marine, and look forward to the rest of the squad!

hey Captain Nakhun, lovely crisp painting there mate. cant wait to see more from you. and no criticism here as you clearly dont need advice on painting. keep pushing on and i have bookmarked the thread to check back later. good luck with all your projects mate. ~smiles~

peace

Thanks for the comments! Your feedback is encouraging. I was going to post pictures of the rest of the squad, but they are just primed black and are silhouettes in the picture. If I can get a base coat on them today I'll post pictures this afternoon.

@Brother Syth: Thanks for the tip. I will definitely give it a try.

@jamsight: I was planning on painting the force weapons like blue power weapons, but I haven't decided what technique to use yet.

So I need some help. I am thinking about how I'm going to base these guys and have a couple of ideas but not sure of the best way to accomplish them.

My first idea is a lava base. Lava seems fairly strait forward to paint but I'm not sure how to build up the base, whether it be just paining the base like lava and gluing scorched slate for the model to stand on or something more complex.

My second idea is ground cracking with daemonic purple light shining up through the cracks. The painting part of this one has me stuck. I'm sure there needs to be some kind of source lighting to get the effect. Am I trying to be to ambitious with this second idea?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated. I am also open to other ideas.

Archived