Pre-Heresy colouring

Xenith

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a defined colour for the TS pre heresy trim?

The sabretooth card games had a mix of golden trim and white trim, while newer artwork seems to indicate gold trim - I was wodnering if there was any particular reason for the white?

Thanks,

Xen

There doesn't seem to be any rule. As you have, I've seen both gold and white. I remember in A Thousand Sons Ahriman referred to their armour as crimson and [insert synonym for white which escapes my memory at the moment. I'll edit after I have chance to reference the novel].

Personally I've gone with gold though might try white for some squads and see how it looks.

Gold is easier to paint too :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies!

The gold looks alright, but I also have an iron warriors army, as well as post heresy thousand sons, and thats a lot of gold trim already, and with red and gold, they may look...khorney...

Maybe gold shoulderpad trim and white everywhere else?

I just like the idea of crimson and white marines, as that's a scheme no others have, iirc, but would want to stick to any official scheme conventions...

test model time.

Personally I'm a fan of the gold/crimson scheme. It just seems to fit the mysterious Egyptian sorcerer theme better. If you want to get the bone/white into the colour scheme it can look really good on robes and scrolls (and TSs love robes and scrolls).

To stop them looking too Khorny you need to use a spot/contrast colour to make them stand out. I used blue and turquoise on my Pre-heresy TSs.

Looking forward to seeing your test mini ;)

To stop them looking too Khorny you need to use a spot/contrast colour to make them stand out. I used blue and turquoise on my Pre-heresy TSs.

I'd agree that turquoise, lapis and jade help to break up the crimson. Though it isn't shown in any artwork that I recall, A Thousand Sons p.544 mentions them all having jade scarabs on their breast-plates, cut from the Reflecting Caves.

And I remembered to check the colours reference: crimson and ivory.

And I remembered to check the colours reference: crimson and ivory.
Many thanks, Kierdale, where did the crimson and ivory reference come from?

You're welcome. It's from the novel A Thousand Sons. :)

Archived