One unit or Item You'd like from Vanilla

captain sox

I have to go with Mortis Dread (Riflemen). It just seems silly the Chapter that created them can't use them unless you use IA rules, and meanwhile every vanilla chapter can take them all the live long day.

Not from vanilla, but We need a way to make Interogator Chappies not just VANILLA like they are now... Give me some rules for the BLADES OF REASON.... and oh yes, A sword of secrets that isn't "Counts as power weapon" and How about our 3 STANDARDS back

Can I has this?

Also Reduce the cost of the HBAC Speeder in the RWAS

Oh and Can we get a generic LOYALIST Terninator HQ Box please? Something like the chaos termie lord which would have options for Termie Captains, Termie Chaplains and Termie Libbies in one box

Give it

A "Power sword"

Power fist

Storm bolter

2 Lighting claws

Thunder hammer

Storm shield

Crozius

and Force weapon

along with extra bitz and bobs and BOB IS DEFINATELY MY UNCLE

Moris dread,

scouts as elite (not the toned down version normal SM have them now),

thunderfire cannon (hey, I like the model, still need to build it though but that can wait),

I'd love to be able to field 2 HWs with terminators. But that would be pushing it I think.

Also Reduce the cost of the HBAC Speeder in the RWAS

Um... Given its seven shots, mobility, and special rules, I think it's appropriately costed...it's just that zero points have been "invested" in making it survivable...so super fast glass hammer? Not worth it, but making it cheaper isn't the answer, giving it AV11 on the front for ten more points than it currently costs might be, though...getting torrented by boltguns is BS!

I would rather see some more DA specific units really. Sure points and organisation needs to be fixed, but they can keep their bloody van and sternguard units. Something similiar to a master of the forge would be nice though.

Morning brothers,

This would make us more unique. Most of the other named chapter codexes have specific units related to them (tyranid hunters, wolf guard, etc...). However i dont think they should just create new units to add to our existing ones just for the sake of it (like they did with blood angels and their san guard). They shoud take existing units, make them equel the ones in codex space marines, create unforgiving rules for them and possible create one or two units that dont have to be powerful, just add character to our forces. They should appear to blend in with our exisiting army list rather then stand out and appear to have been added (especially if a special unit already exists that is similar to them) simply because a new codex has come out.

DA are pretty much codex

Hopefully not for too much longer. Not a whole lot of point to them remaining that way. Being "Codex" isn't going to sway too many people if they are already convinced something is fishy with the DA.

scouts as elite (not the toned down version normal SM have them now)

Am I missing something? We already have scouts as elites.

I think Flint&Steel meant: "and substantiallly beefed up from those of the current C:Sm whilst still occupying the Elite slot". I think.

DA are pretty much codex

Hopefully not for too much longer. Not a whole lot of point to them remaining that way. Being "Codex" isn't going to sway too many people if they are already convinced something is fishy with the DA.

Could be a nice way to progress the overall 40K storyline as well. Perhaps in the last several hundreds years the DA begin to show signs that they may not be following the Codex as well as the rest of the Imperium thought they were. The fact that these changes seem to occur across their successors hints to the one Legion masquerading as separate Chapters theme. They've already shown that they will develop things as suits their needs (e.g. LR Ares, Mortis Dread, the former apparently never being approved by the Adeptus Mechanicus). Perhaps shedding some more layers of the Codex Astartes away is due.

What with the ultrasmurfs rumored to be getting a ton of hurt hurled their way in sixth and the DA having a whole legion to command i would guess it makes a better point in the discussion:

''See where your pamphlet got you?Now step aside and let the first show you how its done''.

Archived