The Siege of Castellax

The Siege of Castellax is a forth coming novel about Iron Warriors battle Orks, from the Space Marine battle serise which is release later this year.

You can now see the art work by here

http://jonsullivanart.blogspot.co.uk/2012/...etail-from.html

I am please by this!

IP

I would say that I'd like to see him draw Periclitor and the Night Lords assassinating Chapter Master Furioso(because I think that would make a decent Battles Novel) but thanks to Forgeworld Imperial Armour Volume Nine(Curse you Alan Bligh!) Periclitor is a Word Bearer. ^_^

Totally psyched about the book, it's been a while since we've seen a IW book. The art, though, I don't care for. To be honest, I haven't liked any of this specific artists' works, but to each their own.

Haven't read a single Space Marine battles book yet that I liked (Hunt for Voldorius being the absolute worst), here's to hoping that this will be different.

Sullivan's style doesn't fit the older artwork in tone or style, it is flashier and much more 'slick'. I don't mind, it's just different.

I do mind the overly busy complete artwork though.

I'd love it if they just used the detail shot or link+link for the book cover. That'd be great.

Also, new IW stuff, woop for IW players.

My 2 Kraks

Haven't read a single Space Marine battles book yet that I liked (Hunt for Voldorius being the absolute worst), here's to hoping that this will be different.

Helsreach was pretty good I thought, the rest so far have been fairly forgettable.

On topic: I'm happy because its 1) about Iron Warriors and 2) doesn't feature the Imperium at all which is refreshing.

I've been avoiding the battle books, but since this is Iron Warriors I won't be able to stay away. Curse their effective marketing tactics...

Also interesting: CL Werner, author of this, is apparently writing his first 40k book. Does anyone know if he's done short stories in 40k at least, like in Hammer and Bolter or summat?

There's Iron Inferno (Imperial Guard vs Orks) in Fear the Alien, and Black Dawn (Emperor's Warbringers) from victories of the space marines.

Having read both of these stories and enjoy them greatly, I believe that the Iron warriors will be well portrayed and at least be an interesting story. Also those obilts look awesome, wish the models look like them ;)

Now that fits with my mental picture of an Obliterator! None of that clean-and-tidy Transformer nonsense...

Armour, flesh, bone, and sinew cracking and twisting before a lascannon or heavy flamer bursts into view, dripping with oil and ichor. Even by CSM standards, these guys are a bit 'gross'...

Archived