Scythes of the Emperor Contemptor

So here's what I've gathered so far for choices, and I'm pretty surprised by the results so far.

Emperors Warbringers-1

Legion of the Damned-1

Exorcists-1

Novamarines-2

Rainbow Warriors-1

White Scars-1

Scythes of the Emperor-7

Mantis Warriors, Tranquility pattern-1

Executioners-1

Minotaurs-1

Howling Griffons-1

Salamanders-1

Eagle Warriors-1

Sons of Medusa-2

Marines Malevolent-1

Crimson Fist-1

Luna Wolves-1

Charadons-1

Imperial Fist-1

So far it's looking like Scythes of the Emperor. Who knew an all but dead chapter had so many devout followers? To those looking for Novamarines, I painted a small army a while back when I was developing my painting technique. The thread is up here somethere. I think it was called Novamarines in comming or inbound, something like that.

Keep the votes coming. If I finish this commission model by tomorrow night I'll be painting this Contemptor on Saturday instead of Monday.

Caboose

So here's the first WIP picture. I already had him assembled to be standing with one foot on that very same rock, but with snow and dirt around him not stone floors and tyranid infestation. I've done stone floors on smaller bases no problem, but this one turned out to be tricky for me. Overall I'm happy with it and once it's cured I'll prime it and paint it before attaching the dreadnought.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc448/IamCaboose/IMG_0204-1.jpg

C&C greatly appreciated!

Caboose

I think his head (providing I'm looking at it right) needs to be turned a little more so that he's looking where he's shooting with the Fist weaponry. Besides that, he looks pretty good and so does the base. :)

• 2 weeks later...

A little update on the Contemptor. The yellow for his torso is done. Still deciding on his helmet color, probably red. I'll do either a checker pattern or full yellow on a knee pad to break up all the black. Time's running out though so more painting to come tomorrow after work! Oh yea that grey spot on his torso was where I had to shave off something that dried on under the paint. I'm hoping to apply battle damage anyways so I'll cover it up.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc448/IamCaboose/IMG_0213.jpg

C&C welcome as always!

Caboose

Nice looking contemper! I'm glad 'the people' chose the Scythes, they're quite cool. Have you considered making him an ex-deathwatch veteran? I know a lot of the older Scythes were inducted the Deathwatch after their chapter was nearly destroyed. I don't know how you show that though, maybe a silver shoulder?

Another WIP pic! I went with an off white helmet instead of red...because at the time I couldn't find my red. But I'm happy with the change. Also, green eye lenses as always for me. I couldn't resist putting checkers on him so that knee pad got the works! Also started the battle damage on that knee pad. I'll put the "3d" effect on the damage during highlighting phase. The arms still only have the primer black on them so they haven't been touched yet. I'm using the same highlight scheme I did on my wolf priest in terminator armour. Not sure on the stone floor color though. If he's standing on a cement chunk then a grey stone floor is going to blend in too much... So any suggestions there would be great!

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc448/IamCaboose/IMG_0219.jpg

Caboose

• 3 months later...

Time to revive this thread! But not with threadomancy most foul no! It's a geniune update I bring!

The first Bartertown Monsterous Model painting contest was cancelled due to not enough entries being finished time. However, another one has been in the works and this Sunday is the due date. So my Contemptor nears completion!

As you can see here I changed the base to a dragon forge urban rubble base. I just need to add some brown ink to the rebar for a rust effect(hopefully), paint the 2 skulls, and clean up the black rim and it's finished! I'm still debating adding some grass to break it up some, I'm open to opinions!

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc448/IamCaboose/IMG_0436.jpg

Here you see the man himself! He just needs his claw arm done, yellow highlights, and battle damage. I can't freehand the Scythes of the Emperor symbol unfortunately :lol:. I'm not sure how to do the claw itself so any tips would be much appreciated. If I leave it black with battle damage thats too much black on the arm, but if I do the claws silver then thats too much silver! Also I may do more checkers on this elbow..I love checkers.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc448/IamCaboose/IMG_0438.jpg

So that's all for tonight, I should have the base completed tomorrow and probably the left arm minus the claw hand. Then it's time for my first go at battle damage!

C&C appreciated

Caboose

Archived