Tycho IC and Death Company

appiah4

Now that I'm painting myself a new Captain Tycho, I'm thinking of creative ways to use him..

I have a 10 man Death Company armed with 10 Bolters and 2 Power Fists. I thought it could be drop Tycho with them in a Drop Pod.

How well do you think this would fare?

Only 10 models in our drop pods :)

I don't think he adds a lot to that squad. He might be able to take a few PW or low ap wounds off the unit, and adds a bit of killing power. But with his pricetag being almost the same as the unit you stick him in I wouldn't call it a great deal.

Now that I'm painting myself a new Captain Tycho, I'm thinking of creative ways to use him..

I have a 10 man Death Company armed with 10 Bolters and 2 Power Fists. I thought it could be drop Tycho with them in a Drop Pod.

How well do you think this would fare?

Only 10 models in our drop pods :)

I don't think he adds a lot to that squad. He might be able to take a few PW or low ap wounds off the unit, and adds a bit of killing power. But with his pricetag being almost the same as the unit you stick him in I wouldn't call it a great deal.

Yeah, I was considering reducing it to 9 Bolters and 1 Power Fist, but forgot to mention that obviously.

He obviously won't buff the unit as much as a Reclusiarch but he provides armywide LD10 which can be very useful, as well as providing reliable 12" melta to discourage/deal with kiting?

Hes not bad for that squad -and its pretty much the only way to play him "fluffy" - ie: paint him black as "counts as" DC tycho, but actually is just IC Tycho.

The thing is, the only real benefit you get from having him with the DC is as an additional CC character.

Beyond that, in a drop pod the ONLY thing he has going for him is the fact he can let off 2 special ammo bolter shots.

But, thats it.

I think he's better suited in a Landy, Raven or Rhino - even in a razor could work.

Archived