+++CLEANSING ANGELS+++

Wow, this is just spooky, Semper. Like, honestly spooky.

Have you seen my Angels of Retribution? They're exactly the chapter that you just described. It's insane how well they line up. The mission to clean up the Fallen, the willingness to do anything to keep it secret, the tithing of marines as unto the Deathwatch, and even the color scheme. I kid you not, even the color scheme. Here's the color scheme I've been using for the past year:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj236/sesharp/Deathwing%20WIPs/tsmphp.jpg

(The green shoulder pad represents the Marine's home chapter: the Dark Angels)

Throne! Even my "Chapter Master" is an Interrogator-Chaplain, Damion.

I don't mean this as a slight or accusation of plagiary. It's just crazy how in tune the minds of the Unforgiven can be! We've thought very much along the same lines. It's unfortunate for us in the context of the contest, however, as we'll look very similar. :/

It's a great write up, though! A very cool chapter! (Then again, the fact I find it cool should not be surprising!) :)

OMG!!!! This cannot be!!!! This is soooooooooooooooo embarassing...

I've never read the background on your army and it turns out I really should have... I've seen your work in term of minis (obviously) and was aware that the painting scheme was kind of similar but other than that I had no idea...

OK first of all, please go ahead and write up your Chapter's story - do not be disheatened by this dark coincidence. As I'm Inner Circle I'm excluded from the competition anyway. I just wrote up this to play along and motivate other people, but ultimately it is an out-of-competition thing.

Secondly, I'll take this up with Grand Master Belial and see what should be done... In the mean time I'm getting my story off the boards.

I'll keep you posted. ;)

I wouldn't worry about the coincidences Captain Semper. What I find very intriguing is that through your thinkings you've both independently come to very similar conclusions and created very similar Successors ;)

Great ideas generally emerge in more than a single mind.... and the creative world of 40K is no different. I think you both should be commended rather than be surprised at this coincidence. :P

This has happened to me on more than one occasion, especially in trying to name my successor DIY chapter many year's ago only to find at every turn that someone else had used that name elsewhere.....

Captain Semper, as one of the IC members has graciously taken his story off the board so Brother CAptain Sharp please continue with yours.

SG

OMG!!!! This cannot be!!!! This is soooooooooooooooo embarassing...

I've never read the background on your army and it turns out I really should have... I've seen your work in term of minis (obviously) and was aware that the painting scheme was kind of similar but other than that I had no idea...

OK first of all, please go ahead and write up your Chapter's story - do not be disheatened by this dark coincidence. As I'm Inner Circle I'm excluded from the competition anyway. I just wrote up this to play along and motivate other people, but ultimately it is an out-of-competition thing.

Secondly, I'll take this up with Grand Master Belial and see what should be done... In the mean time I'm getting my story off the boards.

I'll keep you posted. :)

I knew you didn't do it on purpose, Semper. You're much too classy a gentleman. :P

I appreciate you taking down the story, but honestly I'm not upset that we've come to the same chapter idea or anything. It's actually quite cool how the same idea could develop independently, as Isiah and the Shadow Guard said. I don't have any delusion of "ownership" of an idea, so it's cool to see other people take it on.

In fact, I've had a thought. Both of us generated the same idea for general purpose, recruitment style, and such. However, the details are different, with the two chapters obviously not sharing the same name or rituals or anything (btw, I love the Black Seal operations, that's a cool idea!) So, what if the two chapters were just two elements of the same directive? What I've got written out for the fluff of the Angels of Retribution has them more pursuing leads that are generated by interrogation of captured Fallen. The Fallen relates a warband or enemy he fought against while he was at large, and the Angels of Retribution hunt them down and kill them so that they don't inadvertently reveal information. So my chapter has kind of a long term cover up goal with campaigns and hunts that can alst for years, while yours intervenes in current and developing situations that take only days to resolve. Your chapter size is larger (about 600 marines), while mine is more cut down (~300 marines). So what if during the Council that lead to the two chapters' creation, it was decided that the two operations should be compartmentalized somewhat and allocated to different forces? In this situation, the Angels of Retribution and the Cleansing Angels could be twin chapters working closely together and directed by the Inner Circle, instead of two somewhat similar ideas posted on the same message board. ;) That way, the similarities are actually reinforcing the link between the two. It would make sense for the two chapters to use similar recruitment and color scheme elements if they were two independent halves of a larger, shadowy whole. Also, that allows us to develop the chapters however we like, while also retaining a greater narrative amongst the Unforgiven successors of the B&C DA members. It's just a thought, and since you so graciously removed your content for the purpose of the contest, the offer is yours to do with as you like. ;)

Cheers!

Your chapter size is larger (about 600 marines), while mine is more cut down (~300 marines). So what if during the Council that lead to the two chapters' creation, it was decided that the two operations should be compartmentalized somewhat and allocated to different forces? In this situation, the Angels of Retribution and the Cleansing Angels could be twin chapters working closely together and directed by the Inner Circle, instead of two somewhat similar ideas posted on the same message board.

That's a great idea BC Sharp. I never got to read Cap Semper's post as he removed it too fast for my eyes and I haven't gone through any of your DIY background. However based on what you have posted above, may I suggest that the originas of both your chapters stem from the creation of a single chapter that was then split to accomplish different duties. The 600 and 300 complement of your chapters work towards an original 1000. The two of you could co-operate on a very short pre-splitting history and then both go your own ways. That would be very cool indeed. Just a suggestion.

SG

Your chapter size is larger (about 600 marines), while mine is more cut down (~300 marines). So what if during the Council that lead to the two chapters' creation, it was decided that the two operations should be compartmentalized somewhat and allocated to different forces? In this situation, the Angels of Retribution and the Cleansing Angels could be twin chapters working closely together and directed by the Inner Circle, instead of two somewhat similar ideas posted on the same message board.

That's a great idea BC Sharp. I never got to read Cap Semper's post as he removed it too fast for my eyes and I haven't gone through any of your DIY background. However based on what you have posted above, may I suggest that the originas of both your chapters stem from the creation of a single chapter that was then split to accomplish different duties. The 600 and 300 complement of your chapters work towards an original 1000. The two of you could co-operate on a very short pre-splitting history and then both go your own ways. That would be very cool indeed. Just a suggestion.

SG

Yeah, exactly! I didn't elaborate earlier, but the numbers are perfect for a split chapter, as you said. :)

Archived