What to buy

Evil eyeball

I looked yesterday when i got thinking about Belail

there is no single mini Loyalist Terminator armoured boxes excluding TDA specials (Among which belail is not present thankfully)

Which makes

So I'm curious what set I should be picking up to get a base model for belail. I thought about the chaos guy but then was like, nah i have one for my chaos and its spiffy but i don't wanna file/gs so much

Or Assult Termies, This leaves 4 men aside, To small to be a Command Squad for Belail or a squad,

Could make a Termie librarian and Termie INT Chappie out of them too, but this leaves 2 termies, going "Hey USE ME"

and nothing to use them for.

I guess theres the Specials like Lysander, and Calgar, but again with the filing/gs work and such and with the WOO WOO no options in box.

Im south of you in the U.S. But I ordered some DA land raider doors from them and they were pretty spendy to ship I thought but its been probally 5yrs? something like that anyway Im not sure how much though but huron is definately going to be my base for belial as soon as I can figure out my DIY anyway lol I think its a great model for him and for the centerpiece of your army (at least on foot) Ill pay a little more. just my 2cents

I just used the metal terminator captain and did an arm swap to add the TH/SS. Here's how mine turned out.

http://i48.tinypic.com/35a39uh.jpg

The only problem is that he's a little shorter than the plastic termies (hence the elevated base). Still, a fairly simple conversion if you have problems getting FW stuff.

I've found that you can use standard plastic terminator parts, a little greenstuff, and some Micro Art Studio legs to make a passable Belial.

Here are links to my Belial model (paintjob isn't stellar, but it works OK on the table top):

Front

Side

Back

Mine started his career as a Finecast Librarian that had issues with bubbles on fine detail.

The face was a wreck. Scrolls, keys etc were also bad. I spent about an hour with a hobby knife cleaning him up. I am posting on my phone but he was my LPC entry so you could find him easily.

Bits from the DA upgrade sprue rounded him out easily enough. Also used a GK hammer shaft and a CSM power maul head for his Thunderhammer.

Best,

Paul

The possibilities are endless -

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=149901

Whiteraven: it's a WIP, he ain't painted in that pic ;)

Evil: Sorry I can't remember exactly, legs, torso, head, arms, fist, flamer, iron halo, maybe more...

stobz

You forgot to tell them to go forward in your thread and see how truly awesome he did turn out once you painted him.

Pair of DA terminator legs from the DA sprue, and a CSM terminator captain.

Remove the chaos icons (obviously ;)) give him claws.

Or magnetize the arms with other terminator weapons.

Add some bling and you're set.

I will probably post a picture tonight, I need to make a snapshot of him anyway.

just get the terminator box set, use 1 for belial, 1 for librarian, 1 chaplain, 1 banner bearer and 1 apothecary leaving you another box set to make up all the different weapon options for the rest of the command squad. thats what i did. grey knight box set works well as well as it has pretty much everything to make the characters you need

I am currently into the 'millions of ideas for conversions but doing nothing' for the moment.

However i have the parts to assemble mine.My thinking was along the lines of Grand master Neo,I have procured standard terminator bodies,legs and a GK terminator boxed set and planing to add some other bits to kitbash the guy.I however fear that conv will be for naught with the new dex.

Again as Grand master Neo suggested i 'have drawn plans' for a terminator libby.The bits are there calling him to be assembled.

Now if only i can find a way to make those squared arms useful without strapping the stormbolters on them...Any ideas?

Tyberos is nice, and the arms are connected in the normal fashion if you want to give him different weapons. Each claw arm and shoulder pad is a single piece, so if you wanted to give him sculpted DA pads you'd still need to use regular LC arms or do some cutting.

Archived