Question on Libby Dreadnoughts

DarthOvious

I have a question on the Librarian Dreadnough.

I know that when you upgrade to a libriarian you lose the wargear the furioso has and it gets replaced with the hood, force weapon, etc. However can a libby dread have smoke launchers Extra Armour? From the looks of it, I don't think so, but I don't understand why not.

The Libby upgrade includes smoke launchers so you don't need to buy anymore of them.

Whoops, sorry my brain is on the frazzle here. I meant to ask about Extra Armour, not smoke launchers. I will edit the original post to say this but note to others that I did make this mistake. :sweat:

Unfortunately, when you take the Libby upgrade you are unable to take any of the other options so no extra armour I'm afraid!

Hmmm, the smoke launchers will have to do then. A potential problem since a crew stunned result could stop it in its tracks.

The Codex made some quite odd wargear decisions which have all the hallmarks of mistakes. You might assume that Librarian Dreadnoughts were more tooled up than tactical ones, and that with their more precious souls they might be able to buy extra armour. You might imagine that a captain could wear artificer armour (Tycho does) or carry a blade encarmine (the kitbash in the White Dwarf accompanying the Codex showed one doing so). But instead of admitting the mistakes, the FAQ entrenches behind them - 'how dare the players point out that we got some things wrong'.

Archived