Doubting, doubting doubting...

Tanhausen

Hi there,

Its quite a simple question:

I've got some cash credit on a store (around 200 Euro)... and I'm torn:

1.- Use it all up and try and get as many AoBR as possible (could get around 3 IIRC)

2.- Save the cash and get the new box in september (allegedly...)

Why am I torn?

Now I know I'd get 15 terminators, 3 dreads (the rest of the box I don't even know what it is...tacticals? Jump? Scouts? Lets not talk about orkz...absolutely no idea).

What will be in the new box? Who knows...and even if we make it to the box, I really really doubt it will be extremely DA models, since people will want to be using them for other PA codex...

Thoughts?

Something about birds in hand and those in the bushes.... my memory fails..... :D but I would suggest get the three AoBR because whne the new box set is released, you will somehow find the money to buy that too... :lol: :lol:

SG

Do you already have moderate numbers of tacticals, terminators, and dreadnoughts? If no, get the AoBR, as those models are consistently useful and will continue to be important in the next edition. However, if you do have good numbers of those choices, I'd wait. There'll be sneak peeks at the box before it's released, and then you can compare the two side by side. If you like the AoBR stuff better, I'm sure there will still be seller on ebay. :lol:

Thanks for the opinions.

I'm got some 50 terminators, a couple of dreads (though that is not a big issue...) and a TON of tacticals (100+ bodies) NIB (some of them clipped, but new).

I'm also thinking that if (IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF) they really end up throwing out the new fliers next month...I might get 1 or 2 of them.

Sigh... waiiiiiiiiiiiting waiting waiting :lol:

/me pictures his "WIP" STACKS!...yeah, should really not buy more stuff.

Thanks Brothers!

If you buy 3 Black Reach sets, you'll be able to sell off the Ork sprues for about £20 each (about 25 Euros iirc) on ebay, and the spare rulebooks for about 15 Euros each......that could pull back about 100 Euros of your outlay...only this time it'll be in your bank account not as a store credit! then you can use that money to buy the new set when it comes out!

ooor,

you could use the $$ to start a new army?

I sometimes get tired of painting the same army/colours for periods of time. I picked up a box of Guard just to paint something non-PA, non-TDA or dreadnoughty and it really has been a joy to assemble and paint something new (and non Xenos or Chaos they stink!!).

Other than that, it sounds like you have enough of the current models, so patience my friend... and you'll be rewarded.

cheers!

Starting a new army...is not quite an option right now. I already have:

- circa 7k DA (only 3k painted to a decent standard)

- Some 3-5k of PA in sprues (mostly infantry, but some vehicles)

- 3-4k of IG (you name it...something like 4 LR, 2 valkiries, a bizillion infantry)

- 3-4k of DE (mainly a foot army...along with 5 venoms, 2 heavy 3 lance thingies, the batman flier... you get the idea)

- If everything works out, I'll swap some 3k SW for 3k Tau

As for selling the stuff out...do you really thinkg I'll find buyers for the mini-BRB when the new one will come out in 2 months?

And I've got a nice discount at the store...so the cash actually goes to somewhere 300 Euros. Better there than in the bank, so to say.

As said: I'll probably stick to bringing up my DW to a good standard (preparing 6th edition)...and if WHEN (not if) I get bored of bleached bone, I'll probably swap to painting DE.

Thanks again for the comments!

I agree with FB, you have tonnes of models so far, wait for the new stuff. It should be better and should have moar-newer stuff that peeps will take off you via e-bay etc if you don't want them.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Termie Master with claws, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

stobz

I'm kind of in the same boat right now, trying to figure out which way to expand my army, but not wanting to make a bunch of units that I will want to re-configure or drop once 6th or a new codex comes out. What I decided to do in the meantime is to just get some of the cool forgeworld models that I've had my eye on and work on those until 6th. I am also intrigued by the new fliers that are rumored to be coming soon, so that will be another project to tide me over till 6th, and shake up my currently rather boring list. I guess if I was in your shoes though, I'd use the store credit to pick up some fliers since they will be something new and it sounds like you have terminators / tacs / dreads pretty well covered.

What I decided to do in the meantime is to just get some of the cool forgeworld models that I've had my eye on and work on those until 6th.

This is my approach too. I've got enough GW stuff for sensible variations for 40k games, so expanding into non-mainstream/Apocalypse territory seems most sensible for now. At least, that's what I'm telling myself...

I'm sold on the common opinion: wait and see.

Its not like I don't have stuff to build or paint...

As for FW...I only own 1 model (an Elysian buggy...can't remember its name) which I got because its simply beautiful.

But you know how it goes...I feel like I'm not a good enough painter to do it justice...so its still in its pretty bag.

Patience, for tomorrow they die <_<

As for FW...I only own 1 model (an Elysian buggy...can't remember its name) which I got because its simply beautiful.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4000...LT_VEHICLE.html

I think these are the ones right?

I have ordered two of the tauros assault vehicles as well, and I agree they are great looking models. My plan is to figure out a good way to turn these into "counts as" attack bikes for my Ravenwing (never really liked the look of attack bikes). The model fits pretty nicely onto a 120mm dreadnought base, which I've often seen people mount their attack bikes on, so the size is very close. That might be a fun project for yours as well, and it would let you regularly use these great looking models with your DA lists.

I haven't tryied, but I don't think it'll fit in a 60mm base :S

The idea was actually...painting for the hell of it.

Yeah, quite a change in my "oooooh, I hate brushes" attitude, but nothing like 3 GT in a row to get you all pumped up with the paints!

This weekend a Venerable Dreadnought fell into my hands (new in sprue)...and man, I'm thinking and thinking of how to play that guy! And how to paint him!

Something along the lines of deathwing base (vallejo model air sand) and then work with some marble effect with greens...to blend him into the DA greens.

Modelling is fun :)

Archived