Primum Inter Pares

Vazzy

The start of the story for Brotherhood of Angels. *A note, it does tie into Sons of the Lion, just so you know.

The Angel kneels in the dust that his brother have fought and died for, the orange dust covering the white of his hooded robe, stained with Dark Crimson. His brothers lay shattered around him, broken and bleeding. He is the last, his forest colored armor, scarred and torn, the winged sword emblem, almost completely stripped away. But he does not forget his heritage, his loyalty. The Angel stares at the blade in his hand, the Angel of Death masterfully crafted into the hilt. It gladdens him. Brother Bareus, formerly Vazzyen of the Tenth, stands. He stands, armor screaming as the joints grind and spark.

The Night Lords turn, stunned to see the Knight standing. The champion laughs,

" Cousin, I promise I will take your helmet as a trophy!"

He gesture to the squad of murderers, cowards and fools, and they charge, screaming cries of amusement. Bareus raise his sword in a defensive position, remembering all he has been taught, and smiles. He takes a step forward. Then another. And another. And then, he begins to run.

The first to die is the one with the screaming helm. He loses his head with one slice, as Bareus activate the power sword, arcs of Lightning sparking along the blade. The next is the one with the icon, a crucified Guardsman. He dies when the blade pierces his war plate, spraying an explosion of ceramite and gore. The champion swings his own sword, but he misses as Bareus Walks the Spiral. Bareus has never felt more alive, as he slashes his way through the Night Lords. Another falls, missing his legs and an arm. Bareus' twin hearts are screaming in his chest, and his blood sings a war hymn, electrifying his nerves. He yanks his blade out of the body of another traitor, and turns to the Champion. He laughs, but it is a hollow sound, with little conviction.

" It will be a pleasure to kill you, Bareus growls, " This I swear."

The Night Lord smirks, "Well, We'll just have to see about that, won't we?"

Okay, this is all I have written right now, But I'll get more up later, I promise, probably tonight.

Archived