Building a home made game board

Hey everybody, I'm in the process of building myself a homemade game board, any suggestions for themes/effects that you guys think would look cool? (I'll be updating with pictures as the project moves along.) I'm thinking of making a removable piece and making a zone immortalis type subsection possibly.

Industrial Outskirts war zone ( Lots of bogs, chemical waste run off, buildings that have been destroyed)

Ice fields/lake that is in the process of thawing out. Trees / hills running along the edge.

The edge of a hive city would be good. If you make the board with modular peices you could, in theory, have thousands of possible combinations that all feel at home in a Hive city. Roadways, chem plants, toxis rivers, ammo dumps etc.

I've always wanted to build a volcanic board. Cooling lava flows, hot springs, pillars of basalt, ruined buildings, pools of lava, the occasional volcano/hill, magma river, burn-out forests. Basically it allows you the lease to make anything you'd see on a normal board, but still allowing you to theme it.

Archived