painting Alpha Legion

recon0321

• 2 weeks later...

What shade of blue are you using? Although it was never been a popular colour and has been out of circulation since Moby Dick was a minnow, I chose Nausiating Blue. Even people who had declared for years that they hated it, with a purple robe, it makes them look a little more "creeping off in the night".

Just a thought and still doesn't help with your scales but I've got no idea how to paint scales...

As I've been contemplating an Alpha Legion squad or two as a modelling exercise and for kicks, it occured to me that priming white, doing a wash of green, then putting on a bit of a drybrush/layer of blue over that while leaving the green around the edges from the wash could work. You can then do a lighter layer of blue over the first one to add a little depth. This keeps the primary blue color while adding lots of green accent from the under-wash, then you can still pick out raised details in silver to hit the whole color pallete.

Granted this is just in theory though, I haven't painted any models nor do I know when exactly I'll get to get around to it...

As I've been contemplating an Alpha Legion squad or two as a modelling exercise and for kicks, it occured to me that priming white, doing a wash of green, then putting on a bit of a drybrush/layer of blue over that while leaving the green around the edges from the wash could work. You can then do a lighter layer of blue over the first one to add a little depth. This keeps the primary blue color while adding lots of green accent from the under-wash, then you can still pick out raised details in silver to hit the whole color pallete.

Granted this is just in theory though, I haven't painted any models nor do I know when exactly I'll get to get around to it...

Hmmm... I think i need to try this one out.

Archived