The Angels! They've arrived!

Glaciem Angelus

Origins

Established during the 23rd Founding, the Angels’ parent chapter was a long held myth. Despite the obvious naming convention and stylised water drop and wing motif of their chapter bearing similarities to the famed Blood Angels Legion there wasn’t any predilection of close combat or the rumoured ‘red thirst’.

If anything, the Glaciem Angelus was more akin to Ultramarines, strictly adhering to the codex and its structures.

It was the campaign of Krotan against the Orks in M41.549 that their true origin came to light. Fighting a protracted campaign along side Lord Inquisitor Nathaniel, during a particularly long engagement that stretched the limits of even the legendary Space Marines did some break.

Casting combat doctrine aside and eschewing tactical sensibilities, the first to break rank was Brother Artem. Ploughing head-long into the Orks lines, garrotting greenskin with hand and blade alike, the last to be heard from his lips were “dues sanguinius!”

Only through persistent requests and demands of Inquisitor Nathaniel to the High Lords of Terra for answers was there light shed on the mystery.

++MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM TERRA. CODE 4567/732++

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: ALPHA ALPHARION

Chapter of Blood Angels descent.

Origin kept secret for **CLASSIFIED** see if rumoured flaw is **CLASSIFIED**.

Study failure, Ordo Hereticus dispatched.

++MESSAGE ENDS++

Nathaniel made this aware to Chapter Master Orpheus, as he was aware of the noble stature of the Astartes. Orpheus immediately sent a missive to Commander Dante of the Blood Angels, explaining the situation and pleading for help and assistance.

High Chaplain Astorath arrived shortly, already in the nearby Cursis system over-seeing the Flesh Tearers. Here he held a commune with the Glaciem Angelus’ command, explaining the flaw, the gene-curse and their new found legacy. The life and death of Sanguinius is a well known story of legend, so to be originating from such an esteemed blood-line was pleasing to the Astartes’ martial nature. But what of the curse? Will it affect them more? Is there a cure? Astorath had no answers, but only gave solace in the fact that they were not alone.

On return to their homeworld, the Glaciem Angelus completely re-worked their battle doctrine. With new STC patterns arriving from Baal they implemented the new predator designs, created improved chainswords befitting their heritage and established a Sanguinary Priesthood. The Blood Angels could only spare 10 suits of sanguinary guard artificer armour, and these suits have been issued out to high ranking individuals as a mark of honour.

The death company remain a curse, like all of Sanguinius’ sons. But rather than resorting to see their brother descend into madness and visions, they are put out of their misery with the blessing of the chaplains. This is in part to keep the morale of the chapter up, but also to not lose face in front of allies and mortals alike.

Home World

The Glaciem Angelus’ home world is Vitreus, a planet based in the Duratus system. Their fortress monastery Stiria is hewn from the tallest mountain on the planet, Arogna.

Stiria is locked in a long seasonal orbit, which has scorching summers and deep winters. It is during the winter time do the Angels pick their recruits, the deep colds picking off the weaker mortals leaving a prim gene pool of toughened humans.

The Glaciem Angelus holds a particularly close bond with their populous, acknowledging their divine right as the Emperors Sons and accepting all its trappings. They particularly allow the observance that they are Angels, the celestial beings of old, despite its natural lenience of the religious. They argue that as beacons of hope, they enable humanity to prevail in the testing times.

Hello all and welcome to my newest adventure of power armoured goodness. This chapter harks back to when I was a plucky 11 year old child coming to terms with the glorious universe of Warhammer 40,000. Back the marine du jour was the Blood Angels, and I was in love with their tragic story and heroic defiance against their curse. But as a child with a rampant imagination I couldnt just have any old bunch of blood angels - oh no! They had to be mine! So I slapped on some blue paint (ice blue if I recall) and named them Ice Angels (clever eh?) and called it a day.

Now that a decade has passed I have decided to revisit this original love again, hopefully my painting has improved! I am entering the Doubles Tournament in September so to begin with I will be painting towards that force, but I will eventually add more and more. Here we go!

Librarian Ensis:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d5cde026-b781-0f78.jpg

Ensis has been dispached to fight alongside Veteran Sergeant Lucio, a pairing that has countless times before been successful against the Xenos menace. The golden knee is the indication that he has been seconded to the 2nd Company. The golden halo was awarded for his valour against the treachorous Word Bearer Apostle Korsis. The purity seal was awarded for proof that he was not tainted in the engagement, one he wears proudly.

Veteran Sergeant Lucio

http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab318/superdupermatt/Glaciem%20Angelus/th_Lucio1.jpg

Lucio is the longest serving member of the 2nd company barring Captain Horatio. He was in active service for the 1st company beforehand, before suffering the traumatic amputation of his left arm. His golden laurel is in recognition of the fury he showed in destroying the Necron lord that removed his arm. The red helmet denotes his rank as sergeant, the white stripe and blood drop to both state his veterancy.

Compliments, criticism and help would be welcome and appreciative. I know they look rough up close, but thats the wonder of the macro shot!

The small patches you've done are good, but I think the problem with the large patches is they seem a bit directionless. It looks like you've tried to intimate that the vents have covered/removed the paint but at the moment it looks like they had some metallic paint thrown at them. Try adding some black soot/charcoal effect next to the vent and making the patches smaller so they seem more contained, they'd have to be hot as a melta to strip paint that much :P

Archived