B&C Global Campaign

You might get lucky and beat an opponent who took your for granted. Just look at Alexander the Great. The looks on their faces would definitely be worth playing with a crappy Codex.

I will surely win a fair part of my games, but I was talking about fun I got playing the codex.

Well the GW campaigns initially started with the Ichar campaign followed by armageddon. Both of these pretty much were their initial mistakes of just post of many reports as you can type mechanic.

Things got good with the Eye of Terror, mobility across multiple warzones encouraged, giving the smaller forces chances to compete with the larger ones. Same goes for medusa V. Multiple warzones and encouraged mobility, although this time restricted to nation areas I presume to restrict the planet hopping mentality of EoT campaign.

Now my concern with the mechanics was mentioned because of the inherrent advantage a larger force has. In EoT we had it broken down to Disorder and Order. Medusa V had all races represented individually with specific goals. With more than 1 possible winner. Now in Medusa the loyalist Space Marines and Chaos Marines had conflicting objectives, one winner or the other. Chaos lost. No problem. But let's be honest... There are more marines than chaos. It may have been better tactical play, but numbers matter, and I'd be wary about facing one faction off against another. (I also believe a results average was used but I'm unsure)

Now the mechanics here and the % system revolve around the post as many as you can with the drawbacks kol has mentioned. They also pit the entirety of the loyalsist csm against the entirety of their chaos counterparts. Whichdoes generally result in draws like Armageddon in cases of even numbers, or if outnumbered then a virtual certain defeat.

Now iv not seen mention of an average results system, or a highly mobile system like EoT where inor worlds affected a larger area with their threshold effects.

That can be assumed your veering towards an Armageddon type system of campiagn posts, which ended in a draw with relatively even numbers. But once this starts going and sign ups happening I would expect the Imperium to outnumber chaos, which is not an unreasonable assumption. So even having multiple worlds it will tend to result in Imperium taking the majority with chaos lagging behind in a pure numbers game.

I didn't mean to come across as negative, and I would have offered help with mechanics as I have made and assisted in running these before (admittedly only up to around 75 participants) but as Kol has mentioned, I am currently making one for New Badab prior to this (which I won't get into as its not ready with maps etc) and also I have a baby daughter due July 3rd so any campaign would run a month or so after this as my first month will be hectic at any rate.

I will keep looking over the threads, but for the time being I stand by my original statement.

• 3 weeks later...
My Hydra's Tail warband is ready, as well as my friends World Eaters, but we got only one loyalist (SW) and he is pretty busy so we will might play 1 game or even less.

Chaos V Chaos? By the logical madness of the warp, I do beleive that's victory fo chaos lol.

Theres alot of text on the campaign page. Do we have to take photos of any battles fought, ot just a brief "I won" report?

From what I am understanding the bat reps can be as detailed as you'd like them to be. Not everyone has access to a camera, so pics shouldn't be mandatory or anything like that, but more detail is always better. It's definitely a good question to ask.

~BtW

I'm helping run things for it, and right now there is no set standard for battle reports -- I'd like there to be, but the topic just hasn't been discussed yet. I personally plan on providing at least a couple of pictures of my fights, and maybe penning some short little fluff pieces based on what happened to help add depth, but that by no means is going to be the standard.

Archived