Star Phantoms *Valerius the Elder*

Ive never contemplated adding Techmarines so the red trim idea could work. Or maybe a red helmet? I dunno Il have a play in the painter when i have a little more time.

As for the Sternguard I thought it would be ok but I just wanted to be sure as I havent played in so many years but I am planning on getting a few games in soon. Just wanted to make sure the unit fit in terms of both fluff and rules. :)

• 2 months later...
Ah yeah sorry buddy. Ill try and fix that soon. I still have the pics but I moved the folder with them in. Forgot it would break the links. This project is on hold at the moment but ill hopefully have some Imperial WIP soon.

• 1 month later...

Just putting a post in here to remind myself mostly. I'm going to restart this project from the ground up. Reading Salamander at the minute and I have to say I'm loving the portrayal of the Marines Malevolant. When I get home from work tonight ill fix the dead links in here so people can see what's come before but as I say I plan to take a different approach to the Star Phantoms now.

Does anyone have any tips on weathering white? ;)

yeah, I need those weathering tip as well. ground up huh? well it's about damn time! hey man if pm my Email to you, do you think you could send me those SP tranfers you got! oh, and interestingly enough, after a stroll through my bitz closet (yeah, closet), I have the same head you used on your chappy........so........stolen!

Unfortunately I cant find the Decal file and the downloads section is down on here for now. :( Ill keep digging and see if I can find them for you buddy.

As for the Chaplain he was a really simple kitbash,

Reposed Berzerker legs, Death company (I think) torso, Berzerker skul pad, CSM helmet and the Crozius was made from a power axe and dreadnought aquila bit I think. It has been a while but thats the gist of it. Im thinking of mounting the chaplain on a bike now as I have a few DV bikes to play with ;)

For my chappy, I was thinking of using the DA robed legs, the ones walking actually showing the legs (ohh-la-la), then I found an old BT mk4 torso front, and that chaos-y skull-ish helm, some pauldrons w/ haute gaurds, making a crozius/scythe convert, then, topping it all off with a plasma pistol or a combi melta or plasma to keep with fluff. just an idea, but I'm kinda settled on it!

My big issue is whether or not I am going to to use the C:SM or DA dex, sure the vanilla dex has lot's of cool crap but the fluff hints at unforgiven lineage. also, termies with plasma cannons just sound evil!

Im torn as well, before it wouldnt bother me as I didnt play but Ive recently started playing. Im heading to my FLGS tomorrow so may have a look at the DA codex and see how it feels.

Your Chappy sounds pretty cool though :tu:

Yeah,I may have gotten a little carried away. :) I quite like the look of the Dark Angel dex especially the Plasma Tac and Termi's :) I don't really see the Deathwing or Ravenwing fitting the Star Phantoms fluff so much though.

well, there is always room for elite terminators...........I just don't see the uber Ravenwing stuff fitting or that whole stubborn thing. and, could it be, another Star Phantoms guy?

you watch Bio, we are gonna be the new Marines malevolent!(white is this years yellow!)

Like your thinking Furioso sticking with the Mortuary cult idea you could have the Ashen Guard or something along those lines? Crematorians......im just spouting nonsense now.

Youngwolf7, Im all about the fluff buddy, its why I love this hobby so much. :)

Thanks. Nothing as of yet. My Punishing Angels have been migrating to Star Phantoms over the past year, and I decided to make it permanent over the holidays. I'll try to get something up soon. It'll be a while before I get to any paint though. School & work full time tends to obliterate any hobby time.

yep boooooo real life! anyways "BUMP" just what are you working on at the moment Bio? I am almost done with my "Star Chaplain" I just don't know what to call him, his name is Malagant, but what to give him as a title. Reclusiarch Malagant, Keeper of the Cript (or dead) maybe?

Not got a great deal done due to work but I have built a Land Raider for the Phantoms using the scraps of the one I bought to build the Titan with, it needs a few bits and pieces yet but I'm planning on using this as a Crusader and building the one from the Megaforce as a Redeemer. I also bought the DA codex and the more I read the more I can make it fit.

I have to finish painting a piece for my World Eaters that I've entered into a comp over on Throne of Skulls, the deadlines tomorrow night so ill have to crack on with that when I get home from nightshift. Ill hopefully have some updates in here soon. I've still to work on my Bike Chaplain but I like the Keeper of The Fallen or dead rather than crypt.

I know, the DA dex is nice, I just really want a thunderfire cannon. well, maybe I'll start cross referencing so I can use both dex's as the mood strikes! Oh, and I promise I'm not trying to jack your thread, It's just this is the only SP friendly thread already going. when I start one feel free to post away!

for the DW knights I was thinking these guys http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/DEATHSHROUD_TERMINATORS.html I am prolly gonna shorten the scythe handles and add DWK shields and maybe, If i am brave enough, sculpt some robey bitz on them!

Archived