200pt Kill Team suggestions

puck

Yet corridors may not be good for Sternguard, it sounds like models are more likely going to be close up and personal. Maybe ensure you've got a couple of combat models in there to help? I can't say much else really, I've only played Kill Team once and I mucked about with two Typhoons then.

It's hard to give standard advice on Kill Teams due to the preponderance of house rules out there. I would echo the Sternguard suggestion, but also suggest that you ask the TO if you have to buy units, or if you can buy models. Many TOs still prefer the idea of allowing you to purchase models individually, which leads to teams such as 3 Sternguard and 3 Vanguard with various weapons.

Also, never forget you can have 2 heavies capable of firing on the move thanks to Relentless and Slow and Purposeful.

Edited: Spelling

I would like to talk about what you might face...

Are you able to take on a ven or ironclad dread? Can you take on 30 or so IG or Orks? When I've played in events I've found IG vets in a Chimera to be one of the common choices...

I guess if their won't be much open space then meltas should be able to deal with dreads (before they can shoot you or assault you.) and big groups of things like Orks will be vulnerable to flamers if they are forced to bunch up.

I normally run 5 Trueborn in a Venom giving me 24 splinter cannon shots and 3 blaster shots a turn.

The Doom can be pretty annoying with eternal warrior >.< because he makes every model take a test as they are all units in their own right.

Are you able to take on a ven or ironclad dread?

The GW Red shirt running the show said nothing with an armor value. I haven't got a chance to ask him about the model vs. unit issue yet.

Are you able to take on a ven or ironclad dread?

The GW Red shirt running the show said nothing with an armor value. I haven't got a chance to ask him about the model vs. unit issue yet.

Any other rules or special missions we should know about?

That being the case... I guess can you kill a big monster (good chance they will have Eternal Warrior if someone takes say a Tervigon from the nids codex... If you can fit it in 200pts...), can you kill terminators? I imagine Paladins, Wolf Guard and Lone Wolves being the most likely.

Can you kill 30 orks/IG?

Also see if you can find out what the longest peice of clear terrain will be.... For example will a long corridor run down the middle of a 4 by 4 board or will it be impssoble to see something over 12 inches away.

Oh also find out how daemons will work... In out first KT tourny no one had thought about about this and depending on how your TO intends to run things could have a big impact on what any daemon players will want to bring. The issue here being you can't deepstrike in KT... Daemons always DS.

Thats to bad, I usually take a tooled up SW vendread with turbo-boosters for my killteam.

I suppose it would help if I knew what codex youre taking from for this?

Thats to bad, I usually take a tooled up SW vendread with turbo-boosters for my killteam.

I suppose it would help if I knew what codex youre taking from for this?

Apologies, Codex: Space Marines will be my codex of choice. As to how open the board is here's a pic

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/564328_305127496235827_114339155314663_710279_1110529738_n.jpg

I'm thinking a sturngard squad with as many combiflamers and plasmas as I can get would be a good idea.

That's a very cool looking board. ;)

On that board I'd try to get a CC capable model or two, if only because fire lanes are going to be restricted. Maybe give one of your Sternguard a lightning claw or something?

I think Id go with a HF equipped LSS, with 5 Scouts, 2x BP+CCW, 2x Shotguns, a Powerfist- 160pts. Then customize to taste... like adding a missile launcher with Relentless, etc, and use that to determine the upgrades.

Grey Mage, rules are nothing with an armour value....

Although to be fair the LSS might as well not have one, tell the TO that and he can't refuse. ;)

Archived