Bike bases

captain sox

I have gotta go with bases.

Stops the bikes from falling over when clumsy people knock the table and helps the model to balance when you have a metal Melta gun at arms length.

Also it blends them in with the rest of the army.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/Dark%20Angels/Ravenwing/CIMG2373.jpg

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/Dark%20Angels/Ravenwing/CIMG2370.jpg

I have gotta go with bases.

Stops the bikes from falling over when clumsy people knock the table and helps the model to balance when you have a metal Melta gun at arms length.

Also it blends them in with the rest of the army.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/Dark%20Angels/Ravenwing/CIMG2373.jpg

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/Dark%20Angels/Ravenwing/CIMG2370.jpg

Good morning Brothers,

I also use bases for the same reasons. to answer another post, 2 large round bases come with the ravenwing box set. I dont know if you can buy them seperatley.

At most tournaments in my area, bases are mandatory for ALL units, except for attack bikes.

What I did for bikes:

- Take a normal horse from WFB

- Cut in half a 25mm round base

- Glue it together

Tachaaaaaaaaan

What I did was sulpt 3 or 4 bases, cast a mold and there you go.

I mean, its really cheap to set up (around 10 Euros) and for an aditional 20 you can AT LEAST do 50 bases.

If you guys are interested I'll post some pics of my sculpted bases, the molds and the finished product.

By RAW, you are obligated to put a model on the base with which it came. If a model did not come with a base, you are not obligated to put it on one.

In friendly games, what matters is the consent of your opponent. If he's cool with your minis (based or baseless), then all's good.

I put all my bikes on the pill-shaped bases, and made an Attack Bike base from a 60mm round plus a pill-shaped base. But then, I seldom play in tournaments, and the one's I do participate in are "freindly tournaments".

Like others, I prefer bases on all models. dreadnought base for attack bikes and pill shape for normal bikes as per Solly's post. They look better and avoid ambiguity on measuring distances and so on. To make the bike bases I use a cavalry base with half a round base on each end. Needs a bit of trimming and GS but looks good.

I have only ever gotten the pill bases in my ravenwing sets, why are you so lucky? I got a clear large round one for the speeder, but that was for the speeder

Im quiet certin my box set came with the large bases. i remember being a little disapointed as they had no rim around the edge, they were flush with the table. I may have taken them from my bits box however (though i cant think of anything that i have bought that comes with large, round bases). Il check tonight to see if they do come with bases or not and reply to this post...

I bought a RW battleforce only last month and it didn't come with a base for the attack bike. It did come with 6 pill shaped bike bases and a flying base for the speeder.

I have new bases for my bikes, and it's pretty easy to make one from square cavalry base and round base. Don't like the 60mm base for attack bike, cause the bike is big by itself and will cover most of intricate detail.

Funny thing: I have participated in painting competition with my attack bike. Haven't won because it had no base. Ridiculous ;)

I have only ever gotten the pill bases in my ravenwing sets, why are you so lucky? I got a clear large round one for the speeder, but that was for the speeder

Im quiet certin my box set came with the large bases. i remember being a little disapointed as they had no rim around the edge, they were flush with the table. I may have taken them from my bits box however (though i cant think of anything that i have bought that comes with large, round bases). Il check tonight to see if they do come with bases or not and reply to this post...

I bought a RW battleforce only last month and it didn't come with a base for the attack bike. It did come with 6 pill shaped bike bases and a flying base for the speeder.

Evening brothers,

I stand corrected in this case, facmanpob is correct. There are no large bases in the RW box set. Iv looked and found a round base like the one i used in my empire bits box (though im still not sure how i aquired them). sorry for the confusion. its been a while since i made the unit so i guess i just forgot.

many people here have posted about using large dred bases to base attack bikes. il look into this as i dont like my existing base.

Sorry for the confusion. :D

Archived