Tyranid Hunters! a complete remake

neo06660

Hi guys,

I m actually processing a big restoration sequence of all my old ultramarines to get them as i want them to be (all custom base, new paint, etc). I decided to start with my two ugly tyranid hunters. In fact it was my 2 first minis ever, and they where prety ugly. So i decided to soap them in thinner, and make them shine again. More over, as i have another kid coming, i decided to slowly build another army (tyranids), so ...It gave me some ideas for my hunters.

Here is what they are looking for now:

gallery_63842_7242_269828.jpg

As you can see, i made some little custom work: On the left one, i replaced the knife's blade with a custom thermagant synth fershly cutted and put the marine's helmets on the floor, all ripped off.

The second one stayed pretty original, except the fact that is laying over a slain tyranid, thorn appart by multiple bolters hit. (note: the nid is missing a hand....)

Well, that s it, i ll keep the feed coming. I ll enjoy your comments.

See ya.

Looking really well modelled and fixed up at the moment neo! I'm looking forwards to seeing how they'll look when given some paint treatment! ;) Nothing is more satisfying than fixing up and restoring a miniature to glory.

Cambrius

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, here s a little update of my work. I did try for the first time my airbrush and it was like driving a luxury car.

Here is where it's now:

gallery_63842_7242_189700.jpg

gallery_63842_7242_95327.jpg

You ll notice the rocky base, it is in fact a new 40mm stand for my minis so i can showcase them on videos in a way that we don't see the turning stand (which looks uggly)

I ll post em on my channel for those who would like to see my finished minis (there's a few right now..).http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNeo06660/videos

As for the present model, note that the base will actually earth colored, it s red right now because of the airbrush dust.

Well hope you enjoy. I know that smurfs are not the most popular (almost most hated out there) but i do like blue so ...

Comment please if you like, or don't like.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

A little update (for those who might care), I finished one of my two tyranic war vets. Here's the picture.

gallery_63842_7242_99070.jpg

The quality of the picture is a bit chunky so for a better impression, you can see it here:

Feel free to comment.

The other one will come within couple of days/week

Hey here is the second Tyranid Hunter I remade from scratch. This one is my favorite I think.

gallery_63842_7242_310991.jpg

Let me know what you think of it!

As usual, here is the video showcase for a better idea:

Thanks for giving me feedback, it is really appreciated.

- Status -

- Tyranid Hunters -

- Finished -

- Neo out -

I am not a big fan of the smurfs, I don't hate them like some, I just find them to be kinda 'meh'. But you have done an excellent job with these pieces, and it fits really well with Ultramar's unfortunate history with the Tyranids. Keep up the solid work Brother.

WOW! excellent Tyranid hunters.

Your painting is great and I like the conversions. Looking forward to seeing more of these guys.

PS: See what fun you can have when you start to diverge form the Codex Astartes :devil:

Archived