Brother Richard Templar vow E Tenebrae Lux

At first I only pledged a Master of Sanctity on a bike which was a hefty 185 points, with the thought that once it was done, I would pull something else out and add to my pledge...then I considered the idea that if I didn't go big now...it might be a while before I would ever paint these tanks. Add to that the knowledge that if you add to your pledge and didn't complete the addition...none of your pledge would count.

gallery_29938_2167_21894.jpg

So here is the start of my pledge... lots of tanks and even more dust.

gallery_29938_2167_91542.jpg

I have a lot of dusting, and bits fixing to do first..

An interesting and ballsy approach to the challenge. Very much what I'd expect from a Black Templar.

Good luck brother. You're gonna need it.

Best of luck on the challenge brother! For the Emperor, and our Primarch!

One question though: what happened to the smexy bike mantle that came with the chaplain on the bike? That looks like a standard bike front.

• 2 weeks later...

Update ... one of my crusaders was missing the assualt grenade launchers..so here is my first attempt at green stuff.

gallery_29938_2167_63000.jpg

Lesson 1 - dont use old green stuff! It makes it difficult to knead and you get hard little chunks which will throw off the carving work.

Lesson 2 - Don't try to scrape off the green stuff from your work surface until it hardens a little bit.

Lesson 3 - Try layering smaller pieces instead of molding with a craft knife.

Lesson 4 - Wet fingers before picking up tacky green stuff or you will get finger prints all over your hours of hard work.

I am hoping it looks better when once painted.

Bikes are faring a bit better... only two to go.

gallery_29938_2167_66363.jpg

I admire your courage Brother, as that is a lot of Land Raiders to paint!

Good Luck! ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Update ... June is gone.. only a month left to go for the challenge. We are cutting hay and moving cattle out to the pastures so my weekends are gone. I get about an hour each weeknight to splash a little paint. So overall progress has come to a crawl.

Crusader 1 - Green stuff grenade launcher came out mediocre. But it will get the point across. Each vehicle will get its own panel coloring. I had to make a new twin linked assault cannon for the front hull.

gallery_29938_2167_67837.jpg

Crusader 2 - Added Smoke launchers and commo antenna/radar bit. Had to redo the color panels from a really bad yellow. Not sure what color to try.

gallery_29938_2167_28507.jpg

Raider 3 - Replaced twin linked heavy bolters, added hunter missile and still need to do a few more coats of red to smooth out the panels.

gallery_29938_2167_79074.jpg

Raider 4 - Added storm bolter and hunter missile, this one was covered with lots of templar bits. The blue went on very nicely. Need to find a hatch cover for the opening.

gallery_29938_2167_14302.jpg

Predator - Found an really neat spot light which gives it that 1980's tank look. Added the hunter missile and then really made a mess with the white primer splattering all over the black. I was having enough trouble with dust and now this...

gallery_29938_2167_23894.jpg

And a motorpool shot of the group.

gallery_29938_2167_69239.jpg

Overall steady but slow progress.. I really dislike this stage of the painting and just want to get to the neat detailing..I don't have a good sized brush for painting large surfaces so my brush strokes are showing more than I like. So I am sanding and smoothing and then adding more coats than I really have time for. Bikes are coming along nicely, but no picture. I will have to get one tonight and post tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hail Captain Semper and Brother Templars

Mission complete...one Master of Sanctity on a Bike, One bike squad (plus goodies) with Assualt Bike, one Predator, two Land Raiders, and two Land Raider Crusaders.

Although I will be adding details (Unit Markings and Script) to these for many years to come.. they are ready for battle.

gallery_29938_2167_102207.jpg

Predator 'Jervis VI'

gallery_29938_2167_91072.jpg

Land Raider Crusader 'The Jon Green'

gallery_29938_2167_14133.jpg

Land Raider Crusader 'The Pride of Ophidium'

gallery_29938_2167_61950.jpg

Land Raider 'The Hodgson'

gallery_29938_2167_13882.jpg

Land Raider 'Merrettus'

gallery_29938_2167_44139.jpg

The Chaplain is wearing 'war paint' of a skull face...fearsome with or without the helmet.

gallery_29938_2167_34966.jpg

Edit - As pics always show.. I will have to go back and give a wash to fill in a few cracks.

Archived