Fear to Tread extract.

Guest pandion40

I have to say that as a Blood Angel elitist, I quite enjoyed the last two books from Swallow on the Blood Angels save for Dantes reaction and the necessary flashbacks to the previous two books. I hope that with as much experience as Swallow has been able to gather in the years since he started writing for BL he will create a great story worth of our noble Chapter. I also must say that what little was shown from the extract I enjoyed as well.

Oh yeah, the final BA books were pretty good. And the very last one you could actually pretend to ignore the first two (which would have been good had they not lost a good portion on their chapter in the way that they did) and the story was pretty good. It reminded me a little of blood quest.

Hammer and Bolter Issue 21 is available now for those interested.

I read the Fear to Tread extract this morning (at work, sneaky :rolleyes: ) and really quite enjoyed it. Horus and Sanguinius relating to each other, exploration of Red Thirst origins, touch on ritural meaning of Death Company armour colour, captain and company details,

even reference to missing Legions!

- shaping up to be pretty good I think! September (or maybe pre-release events...?) can't come soon enough!

Hammer and Bolter Issue 21 is available now for those interested.

I read the Fear to Tread extract this morning (at work, sneaky :) ) and really quite enjoyed it. Horus and Sanguinius relating to each other, exploration of Red Thirst origins, touch on ritural meaning of Death Company armour colour, captain and company details,

even reference to missing Legions!

- shaping up to be pretty good I think! September (or maybe pre-release events...?) can't come soon enough!

Wait, why do they have the Death Company already?

Because the Black was supposed to represent his death, and the red crosses his wounds.

I also bought and read the extract yesterday. Now first off I'll say that I have disliked Swallow's previous work with our Chapter a lot, and was pretty disappointed to hear that he was writing our HH book.

But you know, this extract actually rocked. :) I'll put some random thoughts in spoiler tags, since it's too early for me to write anything cohesive. And I'm going to reveal some pretty critical stuff so read at your own risk.

The extract is set early in the Crusade when Sanguinius and Horus were good friends. Sanguinius comes off as a total badass, as he should. He has his signature nobility, but also has an aura of an aggressive and a mighty warlord. The Red Thirst is something that is within Sanguinius' own gene-seed even now, and has been inherited by his sons. Sanguinius' has kept the Thirst a secret even from the majority of his own Legion, and cases of it are still very rare. They are searching a cure even at this point, and as the flaw is revealed to Horus, Sanguinius asks that Horus doesn't speak to the Emperor about it. He fears they might share the same fate as the missing Legions.

There is one warrior out of whole Blood Angels host that succumbs to the Thirst in this battle and is found drinking the blood of his enemies. The scene is well-written and he comes off as pretty creepy. Sanguinius' confronts him and tries to get him back to his sanity, but he flips out tries to attack the Primarch. Sanguinius is forced to execute him. After that his armour is painted black with Baalite Inkstone (or something like that) and Raldoron who oversees the ritual says something like "May you find peace in the company of Death."

The Sanguinary Guard also make on appearance, which I thought was a cool touch. Guard Commander Azkaellon and his second Zuriel follow the Primarch into the thick of the battle and generally kick ass. Azkaellon has a very stern personality.

There's also Amit (first Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers) with his company, and they are carrying Boltguns and flaying knives.

Good stuff, pre-ordered the book and looking forward to it.

Edit: added stuff

I also bought and read the extract yesterday. Now first off I'll say that I have disliked Swallow's previous work with our Chapter a lot, and was pretty disappointed to hear that he was writing our HH book.

But you know, this extract actually rocked. ;) I'll put some random thoughts in spoiler tags, since it's too early for me to write anything cohesive. And I'm going to reveal some pretty critical stuff so read at your own risk.

The extract is set early in the Crusade when Sanguinius and Horus were good friends. Sanguinius comes off as a total badass, as he should. He has his signature nobility, but also has an aura of an aggressive and a mighty warlord. The Red Thirst is something that is within Sanguinius' own gene-seed even now, and has been inherited by his sons. Sanguinius' has kept the Thirst a secret even from the majority of his own Legion, and cases of it are still very rare. They are searching a cure even at this point, and as the flaw is revealed to Horus, Sanguinius asks that Horus doesn't speak to the Emperor about it. He fears they might share the same fate as the missing Legions.

There is one warrior out of whole Blood Angels host that succumbs to the Thirst in this battle and is found drinking the blood of his enemies. The scene is well-written and he comes off as pretty creepy. Sanguinius' confronts him and tries to get him back to his sanity, but he flips out tries to attack the Primarch. Sanguinius is forced to execute him. After that his armour is painted black with Baalite Inkstone (or something like that) and Raldoron who oversees the ritual says something like "May you find peace in the company of Death."

The Sanguinary Guard also make on appearance, which I thought was a cool touch. Guard Commander Azkaellon and his second Zuriel follow the Primarch into the thick of the battle and generally kick ass. Azkaellon has a very stern personality.

There's also Amit (first Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers) with his company, and they are carrying Boltguns and flaying knives.

Good stuff, pre-ordered the book and looking forward to it.

Edit: added stuff

Oh dang, this sounds sweet.

By the way, I wasn't judging or anything, it just peaked my interest.

Archived