Butchers Nails

Tzen

Okay, I wont go into spoilers here, but I'm hoping Aaron Dembsy - Bowden can answer me something.

First of all I love your Heresy stuff, so this isn't a dig.

But how can Argal Tal be fighting Khârn at the end of this story, when in another story you have written him as taking part in the battle for Calth in another?

Have I missed a trick here? You are usually pretty good with keeping things consistent.

Okay, I wont go into spoilers here, but I'm hoping Aaron Dembsy - Bowden can answer me something.

First of all I love your Heresy stuff, so this isn't a dig.

But how can Argal Tal be fighting Khârn at the end of this story, when in another story you have written him as taking part in the battle for Calth in another?

Have I missed a trick here? You are usually pretty good with keeping things consistent.

Yeah, I think you're a little mixed up. I've never written Argel Tal at Calth. He's nowhere near there.

At the end of The First Heretic, he thinks he's going in that direction (and he is; he's headed there, but doesn't arrive). As shown in Aurelian and The Butcher's Nails, a lot of the Word Bearers veer off to go elsewhere. Lorgar has bigger fish to fry.

Cool cool.

Thanks for the reply! ;)

Did members of the Gal Vorbak fight on Calth though? I was sure I read Mister Abnett putting them in "Battle for Calth"?

Thanks again for the reply! :)

thank you for bringing this up, I can't dig out first heretic b/c it's not in this state and have been meaning to ask but kept forgetting.

@ADB loved butcher's nails btw, and first heretic, only stuff of yours I've read so far, but intend to read more. I see why some of the guys on the board are such fanboys :P

Hmmm...I seem to recall that Roboute comments on the size of Argel Tar during the hololith message at the start of "Know no fear". Don`t have access to my books right now though.

Maybe that `s where this confusion started. And it `s by Dan Abnett, so ADB is right about not writing anything about him at Calth ^^

Yeah I was about to say,your thinking of him being mentioned in the background of Lorgars ship during the broadcast to Gulliman.

ABD one request Butcher's Nails was great but the human capt was way too lippy to the Incredble Hulk ;)

Yeah I was about to say,your thinking of him being mentioned in the background of Lorgars ship during the broadcast to Gulliman.

ABD one request Butcher's Nails was great but the human capt was way too lippy to the Incredble Hulk ;)

A little while later Robute conjectures that Lorgar may not be anywhere near Calth, and proceeds to give some reasons for thinking that, no?

ABD one request Butcher's Nails was great but the human capt was way too lippy to the Incredble Hulk :lol:

Not even, she was terrified when speaking against Angron, the World Eaters. Besides, that kind of audacity was part of why she was picked to be captain of the conquest

No no don't get me wrong,it was just a personal opinon hence the simley face.

In my head even the other World Eaters are uneasy and would not speak unless spoken too when it comes to Dealing with Angron.

I liked the character

Butcher's Nails is the first audio drama I've purchased.

After listening to it for the first time, I have added "Have an audio drama created for my warband" to my "irritating billionaire" list.

I'm glad we will get more of Captain Lotara. If the World Eaters in the 41st were more sentimental, I think there would be a ship out there named after her. Or maybe a class of tank or daemon engine...

How do we know there isn't?

Heh, yeah :)

Two answers come to mind:

First: Yes, no doubt somewhere, lurking the space lanes of the Imperium or perhaps prowling the Great Eye, the "Vengeance of Lotara" carries on the proud tradition of her namesake, hunting all who would dare to run from her.

Second: I don't see a "Lotara Pattern" anything in my codex, so no, there is no record of anything named after her.

I like the first answer better, and when the time comes for me to make a unit of Khorne-Dedicated troops, I may try to work Captain Lotara into their name ("The Lotarran Reavers" springs to mind as I type this).

Butcher's Nails is the first audio drama I've purchased.

After listening to it for the first time, I have added "Have an audio drama created for my warband" to my "irritating billionaire" list.

I'm glad we will get more of Captain Lotara. If the World Eaters in the 41st were more sentimental, I think there would be a ship out there named after her. Or maybe a class of tank or daemon engine...

She could still be the captain of the conqueror ?

I can't recall it being destroyed.. Angron used a space hulk at armageddon if I'm not mistaken..

Archived