Blood Angels list building

khurdur

Well brethren...I've been building a BA successor army ( Warriors Encarmine) choosing BA because they are good space marines, but they love cc.

I've been trying to settle on lists with good cc in them and good support, a balanced list, at 1.5k, 1750 and 2000.

But, everything we have, especially with regard to close combat, seems to be problematic in some way.

I love sang guard, but they are locked at 5 men. An enemy with a vindicator, plasma cannons, marbo and such like, or a big monster or strong cc unit will shred them.

Death company-love them too, but they need either a reclusiarch or lemartes to hit their peak effectiveness, and tend to need a SR or land raider, and JPs are overpriced at 15p per head.

Assault terminators- we possibly have the best assault termies in the game, with options for furious charge, prefered enemy and FNP, but, again, need a delivery system.

Vanguard and honour guards, kitted out with PW suffer from the same problems as sang guard.

We don't seem to have anything that can beat things like purifiers, hammernators, paladins or thunderwolf cavalry in cc.

HQ? I love captains, but they are average...they simply pack a punch in cc. A libby is good, but I want my men to be led by a mighty hero. Perhaps a reclusiarch, which I like, and also adds utility?

I take one or two obligatory sang priests.

Our assault marines are very good with FNP and FC, but are simply good assault units, not fearsome. They need something of the above to support them properly. In addition, if the enemy has AP2 blast weaponry, I tend to struggle. Even at 1.5k CSM with their "outdated" 'dex with 6 oblits plasma cannoning my army tend to take out many men. And berzerkers in rhinos and two daemon princes just with wings make it impossible to deepstrike as they will assault and win.

And, I don't want to go down the path of razorspam, which seems to me as the best army for BA, as our Rbacks can move 12" and shoot, and can be given a 5+ cover save from our libby.

We do have good hvy support. I usually go for 3 autolas predators.

Somehow, I've been thinking of some razorback assault marines, with death comany (7 men) on JPs with a reclusiarch, and predators.

I want to play close comabt with a close combat army, not with razorspam and Mephiston hiding behind a vehicle.

Thoughts? Any wisdom you can impart to me??

and tend to need a SR or land raider, and JPs are overpriced at 15p per head.

You know what - just as a comparison how many people thnk JP's are too expensive for a 10-man DC squad, then go spend 250-odd points on a Landraider or Raven... D'oh!

haha true...but 10 JPs buy you "just" JPs, while the land raider can block LOS, shoot up infantry, and lots of other things for the 250p. The stormraven can when it jumps in can easily destroy two tanks in one salvo, and protects the DC. The jump packs themselves can't kill anything !

and tend to need a SR or land raider, and JPs are overpriced at 15p per head.

You know what - just as a comparison how many people thnk JP's are too expensive for a 10-man DC squad, then go spend 250-odd points on a Landraider or Raven... D'oh!

I would rather give DC a Raider or Raven than packs, just to cover up rage for a turn or 2. Plus any shooting from the vehicle is bonus.

Archived