The Avenging Angels!

Rafen_2

“I Rafen_2 answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Assault on Black Reach captain and one tactical squad of 10 members from Codex: Space Marines of total value 270 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Avenging Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Okay, I've been here a while mostly for the fluff and you lovely people here ;) but now I think I should actually participate in something. So this is my second DIY chapter (first being the Lords of Silence, you can see the chapter master in Greyall's thread of awesomeness). I have a ten year old brother who has been watching me paint my guys and play the games and has become interested in it. So he wanted his own chapter and I came up with these guys for him, he did everything with some help from me. These guys are Blood Angels successors but since I only have the starter set book and I use them alongside my guys I'm just using the normal Codex for them. He loves these guys so much that he makes me play a game with him where I'm one of the captains and he is an assault marine. I have to give him "missions" around the house and he goes around with his toy weapons and completes them ;). We also use the models with my heroscape game and I make up the rules for them. If you don't know the game: Heroscape. So this is kinda in his honor I guess...

Anyway unto some pics....

Symbol (hopefully I can learn the art of transferring from winterdyne's guide before the deadline is up):

gallery_61110_7268_7312.png

I photoshopped this and actually need to go back and do some touch ups to it.

Color Scheme:

med_gallery_61110_7268_42366.jpg

The Models:

med_gallery_61110_7268_1297910.jpg

med_gallery_61110_7268_530231.jpg

med_gallery_61110_7268_257065.jpg

med_gallery_61110_7268_1671336.jpg

So as you guys can see some work needs to be done before paint can be used. Also I would like for it to be known that I prefer craft paints (my mom paints a lot and I like the color choices better personally). Also I don't really do priming, washes, or highlighting but I'm willing to try. In addition temptation may rear its ugly head (wonder what that could be ;) ).

I used to use craft paints a lot my self but onces i got a GW starter set for painting i found out how much higher quality GW paints are, the craft paints seamed ot rub off realy easly even on primer.

Archived