Competitive heavy support at 1250 points

Tivarox

So, this is a rather specific question, and will probably spark an age old debate that i have read many times over.

I am playing a 1250 competitive tournament starting in a couple weeks. We won't know who we're playing before we get there each week, and lists have to be written when you go in, you can use a different list each week, as long as you use the same army.

I have at my disposal for Heavy support

1 vindi

6 oblits

1 defiler

i have time to get more, i plan on getting another vindi soon anyways

It can be anticipated that every army (even sisters of battle) will be represented

I'll be using mostly plague marines, maybe some khorne berserkers (i have plenty of each), and lash princes.

but really the question is simple

what is the most cost effective and competitive in the mythical "all comers" list. and how much heavy support in 1250 for such an environment?

From what I've seen so far -- which isn't too much actually --, a Decimator with MoN soaks up a lot of enemy firepower and does kick :unsure: too. With MoN and a butcher cannon, it comes at a solid 200 pts, and you'd have to pull out more for more firepower though ...

However, if you're not allowed FW rules, or don't want to go for a Decimator in short time: I'd say 3 Obliterators, 2 if you're short on points. They're the most flexible option, and also most flexible to get into action.

Just my 2 cents though ...

Cheers, JT

I have found that the Oblits are the best HS option that we have. The ability to drop them into a hard cover placement and drop lascannons, plasma cannons at range and then doubletap plasma once things close is invaluable.

I took 3 sets of 2 to a recent 2000 point tourney and they did wonderfully. Dropped Terminators, wasted drop pods for Kill points, mowed down Khorne Bloodcrushers.

The Oblits are my choice. With the ability to deploy or Deepstrike you are ready for anything. Until the new dex adds something else that is my choice. Vindicatos tend to be a huge target and one the main gun is gone you have a well painted paperweight at your disposal.

Gub

Archived