Emperor's Children & Ultramarines

Good afternoon Brothers.

Its been a long time since I posted anything on this fine site!

Basically I've had no time for my hobby while I've been at University these past months.

But now I've finished and have got all summer off, I wanted something new as I was getting a little bored with my Space Wolves.

Don't get me wrong I love them, but everybody and their mothers does them since the awesome new models were released.

I wanted something a tad different and while I know everyone does the Ultramarines, no one at my local shop does post-heresy Emperor's Children.

So anyway, here they are. I painted the Ultramarine to look as clean cut as possible as is often their way, while the Emperor's Child was weathered a little to give a contrast.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5131/imag0603p.jpg

I'm not much of a gamer if I'm honest, but I was thinking of doing 500-750 point armies for the both of them and mounting them on a 3x3 board, a little like an 'armies on parade diorama skirmish'.

Comments and criticism are welcomed, but do please remember they are just test models and are not competition entries by any means.

Thanks, Mike.

I like them both. I love the shade you've used for the EC... too often it's the most garish pink available. And the Ultramarine is great too.

If the rest of your "scene" is going to be to this quality, then it will collectively look great.

Thanks pal!

Yeah I wanted to keep them quite muted, so I went for a Horror Pink base, Crimson wash, Emperors Pink blend up and a Bleached Bone (or whatever its equivalent is these days) extreme highlight and another Crimson wash to finish it up and make the blend sit better.

Mike.

Archived