Areyoucrazee's E Tenebrae Lux Vow

Areyoucrazee

Hey guys I guess I should start a thread with updates on my vow and what had been completed and what hasn't.

If you don't recall I vowed:

"I Areyoucrazee answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

-Predator w/Autocannon, Heavy Bolters and Extra Armour

-Land Raider Crusader w/ Extra Armour

-Librarian

-Belial, Master of the Deathwing

-Terminator Interrogator Chaplain

-10 Deathwing Terminators w/ 6 Storm Shield/Thunder Hammers, 2 Lightning Claws, 1 Cyclone Missile Launcer, and 1 Assault Cannon

-Dreadnought w/Lascannon and DCCW

from Codex: Dark Angels of total value of 1395 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels of the 5th Company and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end."

So far my progress is:

- 10 Deathwing Terminators: In Progress

- Predator: Complete

- Land Raider Crusader: In Progress

- Librarian: Complete

- Belial, Master of the Deathwing: Incomplete

- Teminator Interrogator Chaplain: Complete

- Dreadnought: Complete

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff474/zbrann91/IMG_0655.jpg

Dark Angels Librarian

COMPLETE

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff474/zbrann91/IMG_0681.jpg

Terminator Interrogator Chaplain

COMPLETE

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff474/zbrann91/IMG_0667.jpg

Dark Angels Dreadnought

COMPLETE

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff474/zbrann91/IMG_0673.jpg

Dark Angels Predator

COMPLETE

Glory to the Lion

Good luck Areyoucrazee, you've got quite a task in your hands. Don;t forget to post "before" pictures of your vow! :)

yeah will do man, I have everything already primed green so thats what my pictures may look like

• 2 weeks later...

That's quite a task you've taken on there, makes my paltry vow of just one termy chaplain seem pretty insignificant, but I trust that the end results will be spectacular, loving the librarian!

Best of luck brother!

Thanks to both you guys

@Tengo: Any vow is still a vow, and starting small is really what I should have done XD. Good luck and welcome back Brother

@Candleshoes: Thanks :) I like to take my time with those and the DA symbol on the knee is a bit tilted but looks alright from a distance

Areyoucrazee - yes you are! :lol:

This is a massive vow and you will need to paint like crazy to keep to the standard of your Librarian.

I'm looking forward to seeing more..... Good luck :lol:

Don't forget to post the "before" pictures like I did on my Tact Squad. :D

Areyoucrazee is on the path to become a Hero of the Chapter. 1.4k worth of vow is certainly a challenging task but he will deliver and he will continue the legacy of the Dark Angels domination in the painting front! :D

It's good to see a mix of the old guard and new blood supporting this in equal measure! :)

Failure in not an option! B)

@ Elmo: I will begin posting before pics though everything is primed and some of the stuff has already been started (Land raider has metals started, Termies are already almost done) but I'll do it when I stop being lazy and take them XD. Also, I run a painting commission service, so I'm painting a lot, including my own stuff.

@Captain Semper

http://i.imgur.com/T1l1s.jpg

Thank you brother, I'll try to keep the legacy of the chapter alive in this competition!!!

UPDATE 6/05

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff474/zbrann91/IMG_0658.jpg

Just a quick picture of the Deathwing Terminators that I'm currently working on and the dreadnought I primed green. I will probably be finishing up the termies today and starting on the dreadnought if I don't get sucked into Diablo 3 first :(. Let me know what yal think.

Questions, comments, and criticism are all welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Update 6/13

Finished both the Dreadnought and Predator which can be seen in the first post

Still working on the Land Raider Crusader and the Deathwing Squad

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff474/zbrann91/IMG_0676.jpg

Land Raider with a Drybrush and a bit of metal done

Wow!!! I was runnig around the ETL threads lately and I missed that!!! Your Termies are a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!! very smooth bone color there & very tidy work! The big boy also looks awesome!!! I think we have a fantastic thread here Areyoucrazeee - Do keep it up! We need the sheer bulk of your vow and more to the point, we need to see more of your awesome work - this is ace!

Update 6/17

Started work on the Interrogator Chaplain yesterday and should be done sometime today and will post a picture of where it is right now and when its done.

Been distracted with Work and other projects or would have the terminators done by now.

Wow!!! I was runnig around the ETL threads lately and I missed that!!! Your Termies are a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!! very smooth bone color there & very tidy work! The big boy also looks awesome!!! I think we have a fantastic thread here Areyoucrazeee - Do keep it up! We need the sheer bulk of your vow and more to the point, we need to see more of your awesome work - this is ace!

Thanks brother, I think I'll be done pretty soon and I probably vow a bit more soon when I'm done.

Termis are looking good and the GW LR is taking shape well.

When you post the completed images of the Termies any chance of some close ups?

Update 6/24

Finally finished my Termy Interrogator Chaplain, and I'm impressed with how he turned out.

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff474/zbrann91/IMG_0681.jpghttp://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff474/zbrann91/IMG_0682.jpg

Chaplain looking good with his new paintjob

With the Hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico projected to be heading towards the Texas coast (I live in Houston), I could have a lot more painting time on my hands. If not I will be taking a cruise in Alaska for 2 weeks starting next Friday and then will get back to work on all the stuff I have yet to complete

Glory to the Lion

Thinking of adding in a tactical squad or assault squad to my vow or maybe a Rhino or maybe even a Basilisk?

Can a model that I will be using in my army as Chapter Serfs be entered in for the vow or can it only be from Codex: Dark Angels?

Thinking of adding in a tactical squad or assault squad to my vow or maybe a Rhino or maybe even a Basilisk?

Can a model that I will be using in my army as Chapter Serfs be entered in for the vow or can it only be from Codex: Dark Angels?

Good to see your momentum building up further. But here's the deal: You can no longer add to your existing vow. What you can do is declare completion to your previous vow and then make a new one - with the risk of course that if you fail in the second vow the previous one is nullified as well! So i) declare completion for your first vow and ii) make a new vow with whatever legal unit you want in it. Which brings us to the second part of your question.

You can only vow legal units from the DA Codex or FW models that their rules clearly state they can be used by the DAs in the 40k context. Serfs, to the best of my knowledge, do not fall in either of these categories. You can maybe use them as "count as" servitors? But you have to include a Techmarine as there is no standalone servitors entry... Most likely you will need to enter them as out-of-competition entries (i.e. no points will be earned by them but you'll have some motivation to finish them).

Let me know which way you wanna go - but remember: no new vow before the old one is declared complete! :)

Chapter Serfs? Pics please! :)

Well as i was to post a reply i saw Cpt Semper already replied and answered your Q as well...

GJ on the termie-chappi...i may borrow the way you did the tabbard with the green?

Edit: You dont drill out your weapons? Reminds me again to search my old painting/modelling tools, fun thing is i had it all together with my old paints...guess they gonna reappear from the warp as soon as i bought new tools/paints GRRRR

Chapter Serfs? Pics please! <_<

Well as i was to post a reply i saw Cpt Semper already replied and answered your Q as well...

GJ on the termie-chappi...i may borrow the way you did the tabbard with the green?

Edit: You dont drill out your weapons? Reminds me again to search my old painting/modelling tools, fun thing is i had it all together with my old paints...guess they gonna reappear from the warp as soon as i bought new tools/paints GRRRR

I don't have them yet but when the new ally rules come out i will probably have a small regiment of IG and call them chapter serfs. Thanks for the comments regarding the termy chaplain. And honestly, I should drill out my bolters, but I suffer from a severe case of laziness when it comes to that XD

Good to see your momentum building up further. But here's the deal: You can no longer add to your existing vow. What you can do is declare completion to your previous vow and then make a new one - with the risk of course that if you fail in the second vow the previous one is nullified as well! So i) declare completion for your first vow and ii) make a new vow with whatever legal unit you want in it. Which brings us to the second part of your question.

You can only vow legal units from the DA Codex or FW models that their rules clearly state they can be used by the DAs in the 40k context. Serfs, to the best of my knowledge, do not fall in either of these categories. You can maybe use them as "count as" servitors? But you have to include a Techmarine as there is no standalone servitors entry... Most likely you will need to enter them as out-of-competition entries (i.e. no points will be earned by them but you'll have some motivation to finish them).

Ok i see, will probably skip out on painting the serfs for a while then and after I'm done with my vow, then declare something small.

Archived