Dante's Personal Transport, What Color is it?

FashaTheDog

The official fluff says that Dante, the Sanguinor, Sanguinary Guard, and Dante's Honor Guard all have gold armor and jump packs. Fabulous. Now I am wondering and am not too keen on my Blood Angels fluff as I should be, but does Dante's Thunder Hawk come in gold by official fluff or is it red like all the others? I ask as I will use that as justification for a gold Stormraven as it is clearly Dante's sports car version to his family minivan. If however, there is no official fluff that mentions a golden Thunder Hawk or other personal transport for the Chapter Master, then a big splash of red will work for me as well.

I've said in the past that I could see a Death Company Storm Raven, so it might be a bit hypocritical to say no to a gold one - but at the same time I don't really see Dante having his own personal one he carries around with him, in the same way I don't see him having his own personal gold Strike Cruiser.

I've said in the past that I could see a Death Company Storm Raven, so it might be a bit hypocritical to say no to a gold one - but at the same time I don't really see Dante having his own personal one he carries around with him, in the same way I don't see him having his own personal gold Strike Cruiser.

Even if Dante doesn't have a personal transport, I expect there could be aStorm RAven assigned permanently to the Sanguinary Guard so there could easily be a Gold Raven or Thunderhawk.

DAnte doesnt use a thunderhawk, or a drop pod.

He just steps his battlebarges launching decks and uses his jet pack to correct for wind on the way to planting his power axe into somethings face.

He is that nails.

one of the other Blood Angel fraters has a gold S-Raven in his BA garage,and if i recall he had it for the big D himself B)

honestly if i used dante a lot(may happen as my force gets bigger) then i would probably have a gold S-Raven !! remember it says in our Codex that the Blood Angels have the most decorated armor of all the chapters as a love of art etc etc is a part of the chapters ideals. i dont think it would be out of place for one of the Oldest space marines in existence to have a chapter specific ride for his rank!!

plus how cool would it look, and dont forget the use of intimidation ;) ...or fire Magnet :( ...area denial/attraction :)

its your choice but i would love to see one done.

good luck whichever way you go :tu:

cheers Mithril

on a more serious note. he might have one, but i kinda doubt it tbh. he seems a more practical kind, just stepping on whatever transport is available :P

that was my view

he doesnt come across as the sort of dude who would tolerate a storm raven waiting around doing nothing because he was in a strategy briefing.

Don't think it would be true to the background at all - but then it's your army and your model. :huh:

I agree with some of the other posters, Dante is not the kind of guy who has his own transport to fly him around, and if so, it will probably only for the duration of the battle or the campaign. Then, Stormravens are not dedicated transports, which is a rule issue, but it can be interpretated in a way that SRs are not dedicated to Captains/Commanders/Units in general, so no DC raven, no Dante raven, just a Raven used for the campaign/battle.

And while a black raven looks really sick, I just can't think of how a whole vehicle in 'Dante-gold' could look any good. :P

In the end, it's your stuff. Go for it if you wish!

Snorri

My search-fu is failing today, but there is a picture of a gold Stormraven somewhere on this website. It's in the thread that this chap has almost a full chapter of Blood Angels that he uses in Apocalypse (and adds to it from time to time).

Alright, gold and adorned it shall be. Now to learn how to paint gold without metallics...

I have a white dwarf with paining gold NMM instructions in it, from when the Sanguinary Guard box came out I think. I'll try to remember to bring it by the store on Monday if I can find it by then.

My search-fu is failing today, but there is a picture of a gold Stormraven somewhere on this website. It's in the thread that this chap has almost a full chapter of Blood Angels that he uses in Apocalypse (and adds to it from time to time).

Try "Gold Stormraven" in Google images

Alright, gold and adorned it shall be. Now to learn how to paint gold without metallics...

I have a white dwarf with paining gold NMM instructions in it, from when the Sanguinary Guard box came out I think. I'll try to remember to bring it by the store on Monday if I can find it by then.

That's the guide I've been attempting now for some time. It makes it look so much easier than it really is. I saw the guide and thought, "hey I can do that," yet after several attempts and stripped Sanguinary Guard I got frustrated and took a break. Now that I am actually planning on buying a Stormraven, I feel the need to make a few more attempts.

As to fluff, it will be a Sanguinary Guard Storm Raven, not Dante's.

Archived