My salamanders WIP

atryu88

I have just started painting again after a long hiatus and have chosen to do a salamanders army, I will post pictures of my work so far soon, but I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for units/characters.

Any help would be much appreciated :P

hey atryu88, nice crisp painting there. your Salamander Sgt. looks really nice. maybe some washes to add depth and then some highlighting. also try a little free hand if you are confident. all in all great work there! cant wait to see more models painted. i need to get into gear myself and get some stuff painted. ill be checking back often to see your progress, good luck mate!

peace

@Kanan Thanks for the advice about washes and such, i will try on some of my other models. Getting better at free-hand :D

@WingsOfTheFalcon As this was the first model i painted after returning to the hobby i didnt feel confident enough at free-handing flames etc, but other models(which i will post pictures of soon)which i have since painted have had flame motifs added B)

Here is my Command Squads Rhino;

Side View

gallery_63458_7278_913198.jpg

Other Side

gallery_63458_7278_1994394.jpg

Front

gallery_63458_7278_2641900.jpg

gallery_63458_7278_462536.jpg

Only the gunners skin is unfinished as im yet to find a skin tone im happy with :)

Also, im looking to get hold of some of the etched brass Salamander symbols from FW to make it more command worthy :)

Archived