Becoming an Angel.

So currently, I am playing BT. I don't have the money to start a second army, but the more I think about it, the more Templar's are growing stale. While our fluff is fun, we are not going anywhere with it. Blood Angels have alot of fluff I am quite fond of. So that is why I am asking you, my as of right now battle cousins, if I would be able to make the switch with my current models. I currently own twenty six Space Marines. Two of them have BP+PF, two have Meltas, and the rest are CCW+BP. I have five CCW+BP Scouts. I own two Rhinos, an Emperor's Champion (a counts as HQ perhaps?) One Drop Pod, and a very nicely painted Chaplain, and his five man Command Squad. What sort of BA list would these make a good core for?

define good. do you mean best with the models you have or an actualy good BA army. the second one is not possible .

the list would looks a bit like this

2xRAS with 2 melta and fist in each in rhinos

mefiston [emp champion]

9 man DC with chaplain in a drop pod , but that isnt even 1k pts I think .

not enough model , no support units , no rhinos , not enough melta to build anything good with the models you have.

jeske, he asked for this as a core.

Assuming he is willing to expand to add support units, this could be a good start.

Add in some Predators, Baals and Dreads for a mech army would work, though I'd take the squad run as DC and get them into a Rhino or Land Raider or even Storm Raven.

Yeah, don't let the jeske bring you down. If you don't plan on building your army for high level tournament play, I think you have a decent core.

You can run your Initiates as Assault Marines in Rhinos and re-paint one or two as Sanguinary Priests for Furious Charge and Feel No Pain. Chaplain and his Command Squad can become Reclusiarch and Death Company.

If you plan on becoming full-blooded BA (eh? :rolleyes:), you need to do some painting and minor conversion work, but your models are a decent basis.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, expansion was the plan. I was thinking of picking up some Jump Packs, and outfitting some of my Marines with them. I also wanted to pick up a Baal. What would be a good list to aim for.

Expansion is good, but I recommend laying out a game plan. Start with a direction; BAs have three popular builds Mech, DoA and Hyrbrid. Then look at different lists in these builds and follow their direction.

Seems you want to play jumpers, so you should go DoA or Hybrid. Regardless of what list you wanna play, I would pick up some sanguinary priests as they are good in any list.

Archived