Human colonies pre-Fall near/in Eye of Terror

While I do have a Sanctified force, I am here inquiring about my second small army soon to start. It will be a Slaaneshi Warband with Emperor's Children gene-seed with a twist of a story.

After the Heresy, Fabius Bile locates a planet close to or within the Eye populated by pure humans, mysteriously unaffected by the rampaging Maelstrom of warp energy we all know and love, called the Eye of Terror. Intrigued by their condition he sets about to study them genetically and socially and learns that these people resisted the psychic shockwave that the birth of the Prince of Excess unleashed. In a quasi-feudal culture where peasants dwell to obey the whim of their masters, yet the oppression present on many Imperial Feudal styled worlds does not exist.

Anyone can ascend to greatness and anyone can fall. Ambition, the pursuit of perfection in one's field of work astounds the Apothecary realizing that in some weird twist of fate the humans embraced Slaanesh, yet suffer none of the mutations exposure to warp results in, mutants being exterminated and the perfection of man being any citizen's dreams. Under a meeting with Lucius, the two embark in a project with the assistance of several Flawless Host and Emperor's Children Commanders to remove mutation and restore perfect appearance to the once proud Astartes.

Human boys are taken as recruits and implanted with cloned gene-seed and thus the story begins.

My question before I delve deeper into the story were there any human colonies except for Cadia close to the Eye or within the boundaries of the Eldar Empire as it all went tumbling down? Does my .. story have sense?

Great idea!

Please note that I'm not trying to knock your idea :)

It isn't hard to image a human world lost in the eye of terror and strangely effected by Slaanesh. I find it harder to believe that the existing Emperor's Children and Flawless Host would try to 'cleans' their ranks though. Before they go on such a purge they would have to admit that they aren't in fact. Something I can't see them doing. I think it would be more believable if they tried to form a new force of 'pure' astartes rather than replace the 'corrupt' warriors of the current warbands. Maybe it could be Fabius's private army. An attempt to prove the superiority of Fulgrim's gene seed once and for all!

Either way I'd love to see some minis and some fluff. It would be really fun to try to represent the EC as 'pure' yet 'corrupt' warriors.

Archived