Interesting tidbit

hey all

So, I was in my local independent store, and I noticed no DA Codexes on the shelf, which was interesting as they always have DA codexes there. So I ask if they have any in stock, and the manager tells me that 'they are out of stock and no more coming in as we are getting a new Codex this yea' No, this is a rumor, but a fact.

Still apply salt as usual (I sure am!) but I am still excited

Nice to hear, but we do need to take it with a pinch of salt. I have also heard that it will be later this year, but the recent rumours from Warseer would seem to suggest otherwise.

Nonetheless, I shall be quietly optimistic!

Thank you for letting us know. :)

Well, wait -- the 5th edition rule book has literally been pulled off the shelves and off the website. You can still get the mini thru the AoBR starter box, but thats it. The DA codex is still for sale online. When the gw site pulls the dex - thats when you know something is up.

I've heard rumors that the DA dex won't be released until next year...

It makes since for vendors to stop ordering them is they Know they need to clear out old stock. Remember they didn't say they couldn't get any more they said the wouldn't. I diduce form this info that DA is on this side of christmas. No way I'd go through a holiday season without at least a couple of the books that I could get that are still good if I ran a store. GW ever done a double release before? 2 codexes for any of their games at the same time?

Has anybody considered that they may release the new Codex on the same day as the new 6th ed box set?...

I mean, what specific models would/ do the DA angels need/expect?...

Beliel?

Deathwing Terminators?

Some new bikes?

All of these are expected to be in the box set, it wouldn't be surprised if the new codex drops with or shortly after the nex 6th ed box set. Why wouldn't you put out a new codex at the same time as most of the new models for the range are released?..

Quickly followed up by some Chaplins, other models turned to fine cast and perhaps the rumoured Plasma Pred.

Has anybody considered that they may release the new Codex on the same day as the new 6th ed box set?...

Indeed I have as it has a logic to it. Do I think it will happen? Asked me two months ago and I'd have said 'Yes', now, it's 'Maybe No / Probably Not' :P.

But I'd love to be proved wrong :).

Ive gotta believethat its unlikely youll get any special models in the box set, based on what ive seen, gw will make you pay individually for any specially designed models.

Its likely there would just be some regular terminators and maybe a robed chaplain and some bikes in the boxed set.

As for new models I think that its likely that there is a deathwing style fine cast set similar to the wolfguard as the pewter minis have become very dated. There maybe a new master of the deathwing model, but as belial has no need for special wargear this seems unlikely. It seems likely the most likely model will be some new ravenwing troop transport, or a land raider variant, as these would be the most useful for the dark angel player.

There maybe a new master of the deathwing model, but as belial has no need for special wargear this seems unlikely

I'd say a generic Space Marine Terminator Captain is likely.

Also, the Wolfguard set is plastic. I think a plastic Deathwing Terminator might be possible.

But I agree, the starter box will probably be generic with a sprue for customizing to a chapter.

Archived