The Phoenix's Roost

Life is apparently full of regrets. From opportunities missed to long lost loves. Also occasionally us taking up ridiculously large challenges on internet sites... After spectacularly failing the LPC two years running I have decided to try to redeem myself for the glory of Liber Astartes by painting a full 2000pts force of my new DIY Chapter, the Revelators. Actually, for easy reference on what is coming I shall repost my vow here:

I Silver Phoenix (re)answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete: A Captain (with relic blade, storm shield artificer armour), his command squad (two power weapons, champ, standard bearer, lightening claw and two storm shields), their Razorback (twin linked assault cannon) , A counts as Lysander, two ten man tactical squads (1 with melta, heavybolter and sarge with plasma pistol, the other with missile launcher plasma gun and power weapon) and their Rhino transports, an ironclad dread (two heavy flamers and assault launchers), a normal dread (debating between assault cannon or multi melta and missile launcher), a squad of 8 terminators (with cyclone missile launcher) and a landraider of the Godhammer pattern from Codex: Space Marines of total value 2000pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Revelators of the Liber Astartes Sub-forum and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end... and feel like a really big idiot...”

So anyway you guys didn't come here to read me talking (that just sounds downright wierd) So, firstly the Revelator scheme:

spacemarine.jpg

And now the start of progress. I decided to divide my time remaining into various groups and models into groups, kinda in a half baked attempt to production line. Each unit has a time alloted to it, allowing me to get the entire army painted a few days before the official dead line. I was set and ready to get going.... then the weather turned, well.... english... So I went into a flurry of assembling and de-mold lining (I hate de-mold lining) as raing hammered down for three days straight. Then, as I started my first day back at work, within and hour hte sky cleared and it was sunny. So, after my shift finished at 10PM I wasn't impressed. But I finally got some priming done the next day (at about 6AM before work the next day) and finally got things moving. I started with four termies first as they look badass and I found everytime I paint tacticals first my soul dies a little.

And at long last (you say) I give you some rough starting pics. I know the undercoat is rough (you try undercoating models in the dark) and the pics really bad but I hope to get some better ones as I go.

gallery_36568_6920_44639.jpggallery_36568_6920_86763.jpg

gallery_36568_6920_188508.jpggallery_36568_6920_82267.jpg

So after two frantic days of painting (since these pictures were taken) I have had a little progress. I am also now three days behind were I wanted to be... Of course things may improve... I hope...

SO FAR TO SCHEDULE: -3 Days

That is quite the tall order you've set yourself there! However the scheme looks good and appears straightforwards enough that replicating it in bulk ought to be achievable.

Good luck......

Thanks for all the replies guys. 2000 pts is admitedly made easier by the fact that I have Lysander who is 200 odd points just by himself. I hope (for Liber's Glory_ that I can get this done. The scheme isn't too hard but I am an anal perfectionist on some things sometimes so we will see how we go.

Oh and for those interested I have been inspired by GC08 and have decided to go with THESE bases.

So with the Termies nearly 100% finished (just lacking battle damage and a bit of free hand) I thought it time to get the next figure started. Before I post this let me just say that my sculpting skills suck and that ths guy will be re-done at some stage. Until then here is Captain Corvinius Aurelius of the Revelators 3rd Company:

gallery_36568_6920_132298.jpg

And during the week I have somehow clawed back a day on the termies (getting them done in four instead of five days:

DAYS TO SCHEDULE: -2

Well sorry to give everyone an update wiith no pics (yet) but I just wanted to give an update. The Termies and the Captain are done save bases and a few bits of free hand. Command squad is nearly finished I will post up pics of their start soon but the bestest thing is the bases arrived today from Back to Basics and they look sweet. Will hopefully get onto them next and get some finished pics of the Termies, captain and command squad up with them. Looking at some of the ones I have ordered (I did a mix between ruins and rubble) are going to take some creative reposing of legs me-thinks... Something I am not entirely comfortable with but I suppose I gotta start somewhere. Oh and the Captain is definately going to be re-done as I REALLY dont like how he turned out, that and I have invented some more fluff for the character.

Archived