Scout Bikers.... Yay or Nay?

bikes with chapy and SP would make a nice centrepiece unit, but i doubt they would be very effective sadly. with only 1 attack a piece (barring the 2 a piece when charging) they dont have much punch. what they do have is resiliance though. id just give them a "naked" priest on bike to give them FNP and leave it at that. (or ensure a jump priest is close enough that they also get the FNP anyway ;))

T5, 3+ save with FnP screams like roadblock to me anyway :lol: they could only be better if you could strap on stormshields so they can keep monstrous creatures at bay :D

Aaa… Too bad you can’t have the LSS, sorry for my ignorance.

What to assault turn one? Well if everything is in rhinos they would be a good start ;) with 10 bikers you could probably multi charge several… But not if you are stringed out in a line. Hmm, maybe get something else to pop the vehicles before you charge, some melta in a pod perhaps? With a Priest?

Ha! Forget about stringing the scouts out, place them were you want. Then drop a pod of stern guards with combi meltas and a Priest. Blow up the armour and charge in with the scouts! Maybe not the most brilliant plan, but I am definitely starting to see the possibility’s here :P.

Curious who plays the Grenade Launchers as 3 for 10 points, and who plays they are each 10 points.

Wow. I think id be shot if i pulled that here - but, I do see what you mean Mezkh. Its the only entry in the dex not having "per model" listed.

* Up to three Bikers can replace their bike's twin-linked

boltgun with an Astartes grenade launcher..........+ 10 pts.

Thats exactly how it is.

In every other instance in the codex where the verbiage "up to" is used for multiples, ..."per model" is also used.

eg:

Scout Bikes:

* Add up to seven Scout Bikers........+X pts per model.

Bike Squad

* Up to two Bikers can replace their bolt pistols with:

- a flamer ............................ +X pts per model.

Honour Guard:

* Any Honour Guard can replace his boltgun, chainsword and/or bolt pistol with :

- a storm bolter ................+ X pts per model.

etc, etc, etc.

Personally I feel this is a formatting error/typo.

But RAW,.....i dunno. Definitely one of those things that would get you dreadsocked by a lot of people.

* Up to three Bikers can replace their bike's twin-linked

boltgun with an Astartes grenade launcher..........+ 10 pts.

Thats exactly how it is.

In every other instance in the codex where the verbiage "up to" is used for multiples, ..."per model" is also used.

eg:

Scout Bikes:

* Add up to seven Scout Bikers........+X pts per model.

Bike Squad

* Up to two Bikers can replace their bolt pistols with:

- a flamer ............................ +X pts per model.

Honour Guard:

* Any Honour Guard can replace his boltgun, chainsword and/or bolt pistol with :

- a storm bolter ................+ X pts per model.

etc, etc, etc.

Personally I feel this is a formatting error/typo.

But RAW,.....i dunno. Definitely one of those things that would get you dreadsocked by a lot of people.

Thanks man!

I agree, this looks intriguing.

"Up to" means not 3, but 1, 2 or 3. While it doesn't say '+10 pts per model' it is most likely intended to say that. Otherwise you'd have the option to buy only one grenade launcher, but still pay the same points. Awkward. :)

I don't think it would fly at a tournament just because of the aspect shown above. Even us, who use this codex and would benefit the most of this paragraph, should see that it doesn't make sense in any way that you could buy one, two or three launchers at the same price everytime...'2 for 1' and '3 for 1' is not really how GW runss business...and I don't think they've done it before in a codex.

Snorri

Archived