Most Competitive Unit Available?

JMac

You know that GW has a plastic Blood Angels kit that makes some pretty good plastic Death Company right? :D

DV8

I mean this kind of

. :P

I have some brutal jump pack DC in the works from the plastic kits with an awesome DIY lemartes idea, but apparently JP DC aren't as competitive as their rhino-born brethren. I was thinking of magnetizing the packs, but they never seem to stay on right so I'm stickin' with rule of cool!

II was thinking of magnetizing the packs, but they never seem to stay on right so I'm stickin' with rule of cool!

There's a few ways you can go about it, without getting the packs to shuffle around:

Magnetize above the nub, so that the nub holds it in place.

Magnetize at the nub, and put a pin above so that the pin holds it in place.

Double magnet (so it's like an 8).

DV8

6 assault marines

powerfist

melta

heavy bolter razorback

155pts

It might lose combat against somethings, but its can out run them or out shoot them.

It might be outshot by somethings, but it will run them down and slaughter them in combat.

If I had the cash, that would be my troops sorted (maybe a death company)

Add in a couple of ravens, with termies, and it will be glorious

6 assault marines

powerfist

melta

heavy bolter razorback

155pts

It might lose combat against somethings, but its can out run them or out shoot them.

It might be outshot by somethings, but it will run them down and slaughter them in combat.

If I had the cash, that would be my troops sorted (maybe a death company)

Add in a couple of ravens, with termies, and it will be glorious

Points are off by a little. Did you mean a 5 man squad, as your points are perfect for a 5 man squad.

Its a good unit, I'd prefer to pay a little more for an improved Razorback turret (Las/Plas or Twin Las or Twin AC)

Nar I meant 6, I changed my mind about the extra after totting up the pts :P

ASScannons just throw the price up a little high for my tastes

The melta and the fist can pop tanks more reliably, from my POV, the cannons just hoping for rending.

But it depends deeply on the rest of the army, for which reason, I agree with the original premise of "silly question" :lol:

The H Bolter is just crap. If you don't want to go for asscannons, take a heavy flamer turret instead.

Validation/Justification pleasey!! Opinions are merely droplets of water in an ocean of don't care.

The H Bolter is just crap. If you don't want to go for asscannons, take a heavy flamer turret instead.

used'em, found useless.

It's a way better to shoot for 5 turns with TLHB at ANY (=more valuable) target you want, then cover 3-4 models in closest unit with that template once or twice per game.

Most competitive unit...In what circumstances?

I'm ass-uming you mean the most competitive unit in a take-all-comers general build?

If that is the case it is the RAS with a Priest imo.

As for the load out...well that's when things get very very subjective.

And, most efficient unit imo goes to attack bikes.

Note, DC seem like they would rank up their but since they have to field a delivery system it makes them a tad expensive. lol

used'em, found useless.

It's a way better to shoot for 5 turns with TLHB at ANY (=more valuable) target you want, then cover 3-4 models in closest unit with that template once or twice per game.

If you had a gun with anything resembling a decent damage output, I would agree. The HB just doesn't deliver on that front.

Archived