Corbulo

Monolythic

becasue at the point of rolling the dice the game is not yet over. A bit like how in previous editions you could have a trait that allowed the marine player to decide that there would be 1 extra turn, even if the dice roll for an extra turn had failed (and thus the game being over).

becasue at the point of rolling the dice the game is not yet over.

I disagree with this statement. The rule book very clearly states that the game has ended after the roll (with the proper value on the die, obviously).

A bit like how in previous editions you could have a trait that allowed the marine player to decide that there would be 1 extra turn, even if the dice roll for an extra turn had failed (and thus the game being over).

I fail to see how previous editions have anything to do with this matter in this edition. I see what you're trying to say (and I'm not trying to sound like a jerk), but Corbulo's rule specifically states that he "allows you a single re-roll once per game". The "per game" note requires that the re-roll must occur DURING the game.

Unless there are specific rules that allow something to occur after the game is over, or specifically states an ability to affect the outcome of the Random Game Length rule, I don't see how it's possible to say Corbulo's rule reaches that far.

Sounds very very dodgy. If I'm playing against you and you have not used Corbulo's reroll before the end-of-game roll, I'm going to politely insist that I roll the dice to see if the game ends. Matter solved, right?

Doesn't Steal the Initiative also happen before that point, though? Yet you are allowed to reroll that one...
No you can't.

It was already covered in this topic, and the consensus was that NO, you cannot use Corbulo's ability to reroll the Steal the Initiative dice.

As for the end of the game roll, well if the Blood Angels player makes the roll then sure he can choose to reroll it. If the other player makes it though, tough luck. In my group, we play that the first player rolls for turn 6, then the second player rolls for turn 7. Basically, I don't see a clear answer here :D.

If the game ends after the dice roll, why would there even be an opportunity to re-roll?

The game is over.

What if the game doesnt end, and youd like it to?

Doesn't Steal the Initiative also happen before that point, though? Yet you are allowed to reroll that one...
No you can't.

It was already covered in this topic, and the consensus was that NO, you cannot use Corbulo's ability to reroll the Steal the Initiative dice.

As for the end of the game roll, well if the Blood Angels player makes the roll then sure he can choose to reroll it. If the other player makes it though, tough luck. In my group, we play that the first player rolls for turn 6, then the second player rolls for turn 7. Basically, I don't see a clear answer here :).

Then you best get more BA players up in here- cause its very clear in our rules on page 49 that we can reroll the seize the initiative!

Far seeing eye rule: "Corbulo allows you a single re-roll once per game. This can be any roll you have made, such as for an armour save, a LD test, a To Hit roll, a scatter roll or even to seize the initiative"

Sounds very very dodgy. If I'm playing against you and you have not used Corbulo's reroll before the end-of-game roll, I'm going to politely insist that I roll the dice to see if the game ends. Matter solved, right?

Not at all. Cause i'll politely insist back that I do it. Now what?

becasue at the point of rolling the dice the game is not yet over.

I disagree with this statement. The rule book very clearly states that the game has ended after the roll (with the proper value on the die, obviously).

The rule book also very clearly states that: "in some situations the rules allow you a "re-roll"of the dice....pick up the dice you wish to re-roll and roll them again. The second score counts..."

So the game hasn't ended until all provisos have been met- one of which when playing a BA player fielding Corbs seems to be this.

That aside, and even if that was arguable either way, that argument doesn't stop a player that rolled a continuation to attempt to re-roll to stop the game.

Kung fu fight to the death?

Roll for it, and yes, you can use Corbulo's re-roll on that roll.

Kung fu fight to the death?

:teehee:

Archived