New Blood Angels player!

So here's what I have for my new Blood Angels army. What else should I get as of right now?

HQ

Dante

Astorath

Captain

Captain Tycho (Not sure to run standard captain or Death Co.)

5x Command Squad (Including a sanguinary priest)

Librarian

Elites

10x Sternguard

Furioso Dread

5x Sanguinary Guard

Troops

30x Tactical

5x Death Co.

5x Death Co. w/ jump packs

Rhino

Fast Attack

Baal Predator

10x Assault

5x Vanguard

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader

Land Raider Terminus Ultra

2x Storm Raven

5x Devastator (2 plasma, 1multi melta, 1 lascannon)

Stormlord

So here's what I have for my new Blood Angels army. What else should I get as of right now?

HQ

Dante

Astorath

Captain (No one likes a captain in 5th, maybe he will be useful in 6th.)

Captain Tycho (Not sure to run standard captain or Death Co.) (I like him, but no ability to control him makes me never use him.)

5x Command Squad (Including a sanguinary priest) (Magnetize Regular pack and JP for dual purpose and save some cash.)

Librarian

(Add a Reclusiarch which is the best CC HQ unit otuside of major characters.)

Elites

10x Sternguard

Furioso Dread (Drop Pod?)

5x Sanguinary Guard

(I would add at least 2 Sanguinary Priests with or without JPs. They are completely worth the investment.)

Troops

30x Tactical (What Special and Heavy weapons do you have available without using dedicated Heavy weapons for Devastator squads.)

5x Death Co.

5x Death Co. w/ jump packs (Magnetize Bolter, CCWs, Backpack, and JPs and have more versatility.)

Rhino (Maybe add another Rhino since you have 3 Tactical squads, two Rhinos in the Armoury is a good idea.)

Fast Attack

Baal Predator

10x Assault (Adding another Assault squad is good. I use two which can swap role of anti-infantry or anti-vehicle.)

5x Vanguard

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader

Land Raider Terminus Ultra

2x Storm Raven

5x Devastator (2 plasma, 1multi melta, 1 lascannon) (Current weapon combination is mixed, maybe invest in a 50/50 role or 100% role)

Stormlord

You have a good amount of units in my opinion. Perhaps wait till Sixth edition emerges and see how all units will work and then purchase new units to help bolster your force where needed.

I only see one furioso dread in that list, if I'm not mistaken. Get another one and either magnetize it or have some fun with it and let it have a bunch of options. But if you have two Stormravens, you can have some fun and fluffy lists using both of those, but it'll be great to have a 2nd dreadnought for that 2nd Stormraven. Make it a Death Company Dreadnought.

You then can have the Jump Pack Death Company with a Furioso Dread inside a Stormraven, and then the Sanguinary Guard with the Death Company Dread in the 2nd Stormraven, negating a lot of the Rage problems and making sure (most of the time) you get the charge. Then use the Tacticals for scoring if you want, letting those two hammers keep the pressure of of the scorers. Flavor with your choice of HQ, which is really personal taste. Astorath would be good for including the other Death Co and going with the Death Co Jump Packers, or the Librarian to provide some shields on the two SR or letting the Sanguinary Guard reroll all hits with Unleash Rage, etc.

Also, it's pricy, but Tycho works with Sternguard pretty well. He's got the special ammunition as well, does the extra D6 when attacking vehicles, and you could put them in one of those landraiders. They can get out, shoot, and even if they don't get the charge, they're all veterans with 2 attacks at least which is really nice.

Does anyone know when a 6th edition Blood Angels codex is expected to come out?

We are likely very far down the list. Our codex is only 2 years old, a new codex is not likely until 2015 at the earliest.

Archived