Hello Brothers!

After Reading B&C for some days now, i decided to register and even to dig out my tons of Marines bitz&parts ;)...not to forget, i finally getting on with reading the Horus Heresy books!

Just wanted to properly hail my Chapter-Brothers!

Since i havent fully understood this Vow thingy you guys have running(build+paint contest?) and i have way to much stuff to even able to decide where i should start i at least plan to do the following:

FW DA dreadnought (one just have to love this)

Master Samiel on Jetbike

FW Damocles

FW Thunderbolt or Vulture Gunship(or do both :P)

FW TS dreadie

This means building mostly, painting aint my strong side and its been some years ;)...the above mentioned things deserve a (at least) good paintjob!

So long,

Nemiel

Welcome to the 1st Legion brother.

The only advice I can give to your vow is "start small and keep going".

As long as you have a vow of one model up you can always add more as time allows, especially as you want to do them justice with a great paintjob.

Personally I would start with Sammi but that is just me :P

Don't forget that the vow for our Legion must be from the codex or FW for the DAs so the Thunderbolt or Vulture will not count (check with Captain Semper "The Master of Recruits" to confirm).

Good look with your vow - now enough typing, I will get back to my painting corner and my vow. ;)

Welcome Brother Chaplain Nemiel!

E TENEBRAE LUX is a painting challenge where people vow on what they will paint until Aug 15th provided it is a legal unit from their Codex of choice. They have to declare the points value of their vow and then each forum adds up the completed points and the one with the most wins!

There are detailed rules in the E TENEBRAE LUX thread here. Once you go through them and you still got questions (such as the legality of your entry) do not hesitate to PM me!

Regarding FW, only units that can explicitly be used in a DA list in the 40k context are allowed - i.e. no Apocalypse-only items or other weird stuff... ;) Most importantly the minis should be B&C compatible - no Imperial Guard or Imperial Navy stuff. This is beyond our competition - it's B&C rules. In any case, have a look and come back for any further clarification!

Elmo's advice is very sound - listen to this guy! :P

The thing with vows are, once made, youre commited^^...but first i need to get a overview on my stuff, new tools/colours etc

About building/converting im very confident i havent lost much skills....but painting is my nemesis kinda ;) , really need to practise, guess its best to start slow with khemri skeletons then the marines...esp freehand painting of symbols etc i need to practise

Also im thinking of getting a airbrush for my vehicles....but as im kinda broke atm, things wont progress very fast i guess

Edit: 15th august i cant make that ehehe....so for vow competition only DA codex stuff, got that...

You can expect much WiP stuff from me, finishing stuff im not good at :P

Just want to do the flyers, for they are basically easy to build&paint^^

Welcome to the rock, try not to loose your head. :lol:

Waaaay too late ;)...i only need to obtain more of His Emperors Holy €s...glue is dry and most of my paints aint fluid anymore i guess...

I should have enough marines + bits to make a whole chapter and tons of vehicles, need to make a inventory list or something :D

But tools and glue etc are most important, or i can only look at my bits

Archived