Return of the prodigal son!

Tengo

That's right brothers, I'm back to once more grace these boards with my, unforgettable and quite frankly; arousing presence, rejoice and weep with jubilation (or devastation) and be safe in the knowledge that this little rock-away-from-home is no longer safely out of reach of the Tengo!

Long story short, I lost my job :P

As anyone that has two braincells to rub together will have realised; I am now back to the good ol' days where I have nothing better to do with my time inbetween sporadic sessions of playing guitar and routinely visiting web domains of ill repute than to partake in the socially debilitating hobby that is... THE Hobby!

A quick look around shows me that the sons of the Lion are doing well, there's some sort of competition that I seemed to have missed (It's a shame, because that would have been a perfect release platform for my DA novella) and as always, it's great to see that some familiar faces (well... avat

Tengo, sorry to hear about the job loss, but great to see you loitering around here once more. Your DA are looking sharp.

Cheers

I

Tengo, welcome back to the Rock. Sorry to hear about the employment situation, but like you said, the bright side would be "Time for more painting" - gotta take your positives where you can.

I'm diggin' the robe on Asmodaipphon, but the bling necklace is really throwing me for some reason. I think I painted mine the same way, not surprisingly, but on a model with that much bone & black, it just seems off to me. I also like your power sword for the model, all in all, good show! What's with the bustido dreadnought?

Looking forward to more!

Welcome back Brother Tengo, I was wondering where you had gone :)

Sorry to read about the job but like you write it gives more time for THE hobby.

Should i say welcome to the club (of unemployment) or that sounds bad?

At any case i am saddened to hear it. My wishes are with you to find a new one friend.

Needless to say i will stay tuned!

Now all we need to do is dig out Vazzy!Where is he anyway?

Bummer about the job Tengo. I too did not enter BOA as my story still needs finishing (sorry loyal fans). Alas, school has taken its toll. But it is good to see you again, and your Angels look lovely.

Isiah - Thanks for the warm welcome (back) brother, good to know that my return isn't inducing a board-wide facepalm!

Candleshoes - Hopefully you mean my uproarious wit, but still, if you ever need reminding of what models look like when painted by a comparative amateur, I hope not to disappoint!

Bryan - Yeah it throws me too, I just couldn't think of how else to paint it, if it weren't the fact that the metallics I have are very thick (-1 for old citadel paints) I probably would take it in a much more dulled bronze direction, it is however currently more towards the same shade as the crozius than shown in the picture.

Although I wasn't totally satisfied with the outcome of the power sword, it's definitely come out as one of my most favoured attempt so far, usually I get the blending better, but I can't help but feel that out of all the glowing power weapons that I've ever attempted, Asmodaipphon has ended up with the most striking result, for better or worse, I'm still to decide.

The robes I'm pretty happy with, I decided to go towards the realism route and have them covered in dirt, dust and blood, I could see how some would consider the end result too messy though, but it really helps tie in his base.

I've spent three years trying to fix that dreadnought in one piece, as far as I'm concerned, him being in just two bits is an achievement! I'm keeping him like that for ease of painting, I think the end result will be great, I've got loads of little bits that add to the character of 'Venerated brother Gorelix'

Elmo - Yeah it was pretty abrupt, I went from posting nearly every day to well, a three month total absence, sorry if it left you lonely an'all :rolleyes:

Immolator - ahh it was nice to have for a while, but I'm definitely appreciating a break, still had no luck yourself? have you moved yet to the land of blonde people and snow, or are you still enjoying the Grecian sun?

Young Vazzyen - Have I missed any progression of the story? I'm still waiting to hear about the breathtaking escapades of the valiant brother Tengaire, but cheers mate

Thanks for all commiserations and compliments! thought I might as well address them collectively!

This will also serve as my WIP thread for my E Tenebrae Lux vow, with a dab of dheneb, my terminator chaplain has officially been started, I'll upload the blurry 'before' pictures when I manage to pull them off of my phone.

Also, I'm thinking about starting to post my short story, but I'm unsure of whether to post it in the DA forum, or in the librarium, I want it to get good exposure to everyone on here, but I'd like fellow DA fans in particular to read it, as I think they'll enjoy it the most.

Ideas?

Immolator - ahh it was nice to have for a while, but I'm definitely appreciating a break, still had no luck yourself? have you moved yet to the land of blonde people and snow, or are you still enjoying the Grecian sun?

You mean the sun that i am taxed about without having a job?Yes i keep 'enjoying it'...Whatever sorry for been acidic!

As things turn out i dont have the option of leaving.Perhaps in a year or so.IF (and thats a huge if) things go right...for once.

Since Brother Tyler never replied to my question about whether or not a piece of fiction for the librarium would be sufficient enough an offering for my failed vow, I'm just gonna go ahead and post it anyway, as well as a 'datafile' explaining my force organisation and approach to my battle force (remember kids: It's a STRIKE FORCE, not a successor chapter!) so keep an eye out for that.

Hmmm...since I can't find your query in a post anywhere, it must be in a PM that I deleted (because I thought I'd answered it, but perhaps I brainfarted).

No, stories do not qualify as articles. A Chapter datafile works, however, and augmenting it with a story is icing on the cake.

You took a break of a little over a month. You must have had the DTs. :) ;)

You mean the sun that i am taxed about without having a job?Yes i keep 'enjoying it'...Whatever sorry for been acidic!

As things turn out i dont have the option of leaving.Perhaps in a year or so.IF (and thats a huge if) things go right...for once.

Sorry to hear brother, we're hardly in a great state here either, hope you get that petrol station job, but regardless, it's just a matter of waiting for the good times to finally come around the bend

Hmmm...since I can't find your query in a post anywhere, it must be in a PM that I deleted (because I thought I'd answered it, but perhaps I brainfarted).

No, stories do not qualify as articles. A Chapter datafile works, however, and augmenting it with a story is icing on the cake.

You took a break of a little over a month. You must have had the DTs. :mellow: ;)

Ahh that kind of sucks, but nonetheless, a datafile would save me a lot of time in answering any questions raised about my fictional force organisations

I was trembling like a Belfast docker, hopefully regular visits to here will keep that in check long enough for me to finish my termy chaplain

The Brotherhood of Angels is not over. It's got an extention. So see what you can do until the new deadline - June 15th!

Ahh, as good news as that is, I doubt I'll be able to finish the story by the 15th, but it will be a bit of a mammoth of a story, so I might end up finding a nice place to cut it off and just label it as the first of a series xD

Anywho, ETL Update time!

Very blurry 'Before' Picture:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/mercilesstengo/Pictures042.jpg

Current stage:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/mercilesstengo/DSC_6936-1.jpg

He's just had a few base layers slapped on, but he's coming along quite nicely, I don't think he should take too long, I reckon I'm likely to have a RW contingent (Hopefully, I'll buy the RW battleforce in time) and/or ten-man tactical squad (or 5-man tac and 5-man command squad, if I can be bothered to sort some conversions out) but I'll focus on getting my initial one-man vow completed first, don't want to bite off more than I can chew... again :P

And for anyone who cares, here's some flicks of the finished Asmodai (Only just noticed the misplaced gold on his robe, will fix that now)

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/mercilesstengo/DSC_6907.jpg

The bit of metal coming from his backpack is a pin for a back banner that I haven't yet fastened to the model

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/mercilesstengo/DSC_6914.jpg

The banner in question doing its best to defy gravity

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/mercilesstengo/DSC_6924.jpg

et, le derrière

Archived