Your hopes for 6th in relations to BA?

What impacts do you hope 6th edition will have on our beloved non-sparkling Vampires?

Here are mine:

-Increased relevance of CC in the game allowing us to make more competitive CC-centric armies.

-Sang Guard becoming a better unit (probably, if rumoured change to power weapons happen).

-NOT make mech lists trash. A resurgence of infantry forces would be nice - just don't make that happen by making tanks crap again.

-Not have to default to Librarians or Mephiston for trounament lists every single time.

If power weapons confer some sort of invun save then who would benefit the most? GK with their standard power weapon load out on a 20 pt GKSS would be a contender virtually the whole army would get an Invun, DK assassins and every other power weapon wielder would get it?. Halberds and an invun? In our favour Vanguard Vets, Sgts, Honour Guard, Sanguinary Guard and Death Company look attractive. As expensive as they are they can take a varied load out including storm shields, to negate power weapons. I think combining a power weapon/invun would be a double edged sword for us. I guess I could live with it.

Giving power weapons an invun of some sort would gimp the SW more than anyone else as they would lose an edge there with GH and LF their main units being weakened.

I guess if they let us keep our advantages with DOA rules and maybe allow assaults on the drop I will be happy.

Dont touch the melta please, I dont have a single gun that shoots more than 12 inches.

I LOVE the new rumoured varying AP rules for special CCWs.

I REALLY hope the special save for swords dont come to fruition, or if anything, like the GK dex they only grant a save if you have a special save.

That aside, I dont mind what is brought.

I dont see libbies every losing their battlefield role on account of psychic powers being everywhere. The only thing to change that will be to buff all the other characters- and that wont happen in a rule book change.

Chainswords now ignoring 5+ or 6+ armour saves? I'm all in, sounds great!

Not so sure about the new powerweapons, or the rumours about them being only AP3 in combat(grain of salt to be added). Major buff for our Tactical Terminators(I mean with FnP they'd be immune to about anything!) but also for already tough Paladin wound-allocation shenanigans. Not so good, better keep it that way it is.

Tanks getting the nerf-backhand of pimp would be nice since the common spam lists would decrease in numbers, but it would also be a nerf to the casual users of rhinos, predators or vindicators. No problem for DoA and if that doesn't get the nerf either, we'd probably all switch over to more deepstriking units.

In the end, I'm most excited about the new AP rules for CC weapons. :wink:

Snorri

Tanks getting the nerf-backhand of pimp would be nice since the common spam lists would decrease in numbers,

I think people will just spam the most efficient infantry instead.

I've thought of that as well...but I think it would be much closer to the background of the Blood Angels rather than spamming Rbacks and Preds. Even today, it's the infantry that gets the job done, you've got to be right in the action rather than shoot from 60 miles away to achieve your goals.

And if assault squads will stay as the most efficient infantry we got, then you just have a shift from Razorspam to DoA lists as the most dominating list-type. Although the changes in 6th must be enormous to make that happen.

Snorri

I like the idea of the ccw rules, and the possible flier rules - hopefully that will enable me to run a single Raven at 1500 lol. Also it will be interesting to see how the new psychic rules affect Meph as I run him quite often.

Also, I would be kinda glad if there was less tanks about, not that I dislike tanks, just dislike the fact there are loads and loads and loads and....you get the picture. Like Deschenus said though, there will always be a kind of spam as it is just how it works and I can't see that changing B)

All things said, I am looking forward to seeing how the 6th affects my Flesh Eaters :D

I'm looking forward to a few things (if they come to pass that is):

• Power Weapons going to AP3. If that's the case, I'll finally field the Sanguinary Guard and Mephiston will rock.

• Close Combat being more of a focus and deadlier. Yes please. Assault is my favorite part of the game.

• Dedicated rules for fliers. I want the Storm Raven to be able to move 36" and be able to shoot everything when moving 12"

• Assault after Deep Strike. Man, would this be sweet!

• Pistols conferring their Strength in Close Combat. Infernus Pistols granting Strength 8 in close combat? Yes please!

Overall, I hope it's a more tactical game and there are choices when deciding mech vs. non-mech. Unlike most of the internet I'm really optimistic about the new edition.

If I read these suggested changes right then death company and Lemartes are going to be very competitive even with rage. Who else rerolls hits and wounds at I5 and I6. If bog standard power weapons are resticted to a 3+ how do shield upgrades at 3+ stand then.

• Assault after Deep Strike. Man, would this be sweet!

Surely not; that would be awesome! But what would happen to heroic intervention?

But yep, I am optimistic - No random movement for DC is :yuck:

EDIT - so I believe anyway :devil: :devil: :devil:

My hopes (based on the current rumors):

I hope the Glaive Encarmine gets an AP that is slightly better than a regular power weapon. (but I doubt this will happen)

I hope regular power weapons are indeed AP3 as the rumors suggest (buffing the SG).

I hope the SR gets supersonic and the aerial assault rules.

I hope that psychic powers are NOT random.

My hope based on wishful thinking:

I hope transports get nerfed.

Tanks getting the nerf-backhand of pimp would be nice since the common spam lists would decrease in numbers,

With the rumors that the Force Organization Chart is going out the window, it will probably depend on how army composition is done. It could be that the most efficient infantry is not spammable.

With the rumors that the Force Organization Chart is going out the window, it will probably depend on how army composition is done. It could be that the most efficient infantry is not spammable.

Wonder if this is true, if they'll take it back to 2nd ed where we have to spend % points on Troops/Elites/etc.

50% on Troops would be quite interesting again.

I would not be opposed to having a percentage based force org but personally I would be slightly put off by it. I mean you already spend a bunch of time trying to fit in the points and then having to calculate a percentage just adds a bit more difficulty to building lists. Probably is best that I switched to using spreadsheets I guess.

C'est la vie.

I wouldn't hold my breath. I doubt that there would be a limit on Troops. Ergo, watch as Purifiers get spammed ad nauseam.

If power weapons are reduced to affecting only AV3 then what does that mean for artificer armour? Sanguinary Guard, The Sanguinor, Mephiston all wear it. Does that make them virtually immune to power weapons? Will death company or any unit within 6 inches of a Sanguinary Priest/ Novitiate now get feel no pain against AV3 power weapons?

Will this now mean weapon strength is more important. S5 I5 FC attacks and feel no pain against GK's power weapons? I'll take that thanks even with reduced efficiency on standard power weapons.

If power weapons are reduced to affecting only AV3 then what does that mean for artificer armour? Sanguinary Guard, The Sanguinor, Mephiston all wear it. Does that make them virtually immune to power weapons? Will death company or any unit within 6 inches of a Sanguinary Priest/ Novitiate now get feel no pain against AV3 power weapons?

Will this now mean weapon strength is more important. S5 I5 FC attacks and feel no pain against GK's power weapons? I'll take that thanks even with reduced efficiency on standard power weapons.

Well, assuming that rumor is true, we don't know what it means for FNP. We don't know how the new FNP is worded.

But Sanguinary Guard just got a huge boost in my mind. What I find odd is GW for years said they want to balance fists and power weapons to make people decide which to take. This seems to throw that out and says, always take fists.

But keep in mind that there are rumors suggesting that force weapons are switching from instant kill to a strength bonus. If true, it is likely that GK would be wounding on a 2+.

Archived