Your hopes for 6th in relations to BA?

I read the leaked rulebook today from games-workshop and did not see any mention of power axes. Also Preferred enemy doesn't give a reroll at all now. It affects hits in shooting and cc, nothing about wounding. It gives you hit on 3+, but if you already hit on 3+ then bumps that to 2+. As for power weapons they are shown to be AP2. But, you can now use your krak grenades in combat, just at WS 1. Gives us an option against MC.

Some of the rules are really strange, no longer do you roll off to see who deploys/goes first. Now you do something more like apoc. Of course, this whole thing could be bunk... but, it looked pretty good.

Here is what I'm reading:

power swords are AP 3. Axes +1 S, AP2 and make you I 1. then there are mauls and spears that are lame.

it says any power weapons unspecified you must look at the model and see what they have for what kind of power weapon they have.

powerfist and power axes are both unwieldy (strike at I 1). i guess power fist will cost more points.

Jesus. Frost weapons for Space Wolves, particularly frost axes just got (edited to be family friendly)-iffic. S6!

no, if it has its own special rules but counts as a power weapon its the same but AP3. again, FAQ should sort it.

That should sort out Dante and Astorath at least. A Crozius and GE would seem to be counts-as Power Swords for the time being. (although I'd guess they will get FAQed due to axes in the kit). Power Axe fans seem to be out of luck. I wonder what the spears and mauls are?

Edit: When people bugged Rixitotal for proof he had the book already he posted http://imgur.com/L3UMV

I read the leaked rulebook today from games-workshop and did not see any mention of power axes. Also Preferred enemy doesn't give a reroll at all now. It affects hits in shooting and cc, nothing about wounding. It gives you hit on 3+, but if you already hit on 3+ then bumps that to 2+. As for power weapons they are shown to be AP2. But, you can now use your krak grenades in combat, just at WS 1. Gives us an option against MC.

Some of the rules are really strange, no longer do you roll off to see who deploys/goes first. Now you do something more like apoc. Of course, this whole thing could be bunk... but, it looked pretty good.

Sounds like you're reading the old, debunked Pancake leak

I cant imagine axes being the same iniative as Power fists or thunder hammers! The -1I makes sense though, and as bad as it seems for Dante if that is true, I think he'll actually come out on top even if it is -I1.

You have to remember everyone else uses the same rules. So with Dante's higher natural iniative he strikes at the same time as most heros even with the -1 modifier! That is assuming they have a power weapon. In which case he's going to have a 2+ save! If they have an axe themselves well he still strikes first! If all this is true I can see this as anything but a buff for Dante.

That all said I think this fake rule set from months ago is still infecting the current rumors and there is a lot of confusion as to which are true and a lot of people are getting them mixed up and then passing incorrect rumors on! It's a bit like a wild fire ATM as all the popular blogs are just passing everything they get on!

It's probably not really worth getting to invested in any debates until we get more certain clarification

@ Glendor, technically Sanguinary Guard aren't armed with power weapons, they get Glaives Encarmine, so there's probably a little bit of leeway to get round it (also, I've just modelled two with the axes on the sole reasoning that they look badass).

If preferred enemy isn't as good, and psychic hoods are a bit nerfed, then I think my namesake chaplain may be making a long overdue re-appearance on the 40k tabletop. Might even wheel out my old rhino-bound death company and see what they can do.

wait, does this mean that dc tycho rocks now? +2 attacks on charge, all his attacks ignore armor saves, since he doesn't have a PW or axe or anything of that nature? and since vehicles are apparently useless, it doesn't matter that he would almost always have to run around on his own anyway?

Depends on what digital weapons have become..

If preferred enemy isn't as good, and psychic hoods are a bit nerfed, then I think my namesake chaplain may be making a long overdue re-appearance on the 40k tabletop.

Sadly crozius' are defined as Mauls now - +2 to S, but no AP. :P

chappies aren't as good now. And it looks like power axes are also I1. useless. Looks like nothing can touch termies in cc apart from a power fist. Plasma I think has become better, with move and shoot, and no crying need for melta anymore.

Any word on AP value of force weapons? Ap3 or Ap2? I think it looks like Ap3...because they are still power weapons...

chappies aren't as good now. And it looks like power axes are also I1. useless. Looks like nothing can touch termies in cc apart from a power fist. Plasma I think has become better, with move and shoot, and no crying need for melta anymore.

Any word on AP value of force weapons? Ap3 or Ap2? I think it looks like Ap3...because they are still power weapons...

I havent seen any "confirmed" rumours. A little birdy mentioned to me, however, that FWs will be AP2 with a S bonus now - that could have changed though.

If preferred enemy isn't as good, and psychic hoods are a bit nerfed, then I think my namesake chaplain may be making a long overdue re-appearance on the 40k tabletop.

Sadly crozius' are defined as Mauls now - +2 to S, but no AP. :D

This is perfectly fine. You can give them a Power Fist for a very cheap price. Now you can choose between S6 at I or S8 at I1. S7 at I and S9 at I1 on the charge. Even better if you ask me.

According to a rule book holders interview posted on faeit 212s blog. Power axes are I1 which makes no sense to me! Will have to wait and see how this effects commander Dante and astorath! If they do strike at I1 I will be somewhat unimpressed!

If the Hull Points rumor is true, the TL Assault Cannon Baal Predator with Heavy Bolter Sponsons will decimate AV10-11, reliably wreck AV12-13 and reliably glance AV14.

I think we may have the best Anti-AV tank in our roster.

Archived