Your hopes for 6th in relations to BA?

From what I know, our Jumpers are even more versatile now in regards to their movement. In normal movement situation (= no charge intended), just move with your JP as normal, run if you want to, get yourself some cover or get out of LoS.

If you're lucky enough and in possible charge range next turn, walk through and out of terrain( 2D6 pick highest I take it?) and blast off with the JP, 2D6 charge movement re-rollable if you wish. The best thing right now is that there's no dangerous terrain tests for them and you have a chance of not losing any effectivity regarding charge distance.

So, one question...everytime a powerweapon (AP3) is mentioned in our codex( can be given a pw for 15 points [...] ) can you just give the model a spear, maul, axe? If so, it's quite interesting to see DC with spears.

Snorri

There are Dangerous terrain tests Snorri if you use the jump packs and I read:

Effects of Difficult terrain -> "3D6' discarding the highest one, may reroll all dice and must make a Dangerous Terrain test if they start or end their charge move in difficult terrain."

You can take armour saves though...B)

From what I know, our Jumpers are even more versatile now in regards to their movement. In normal movement situation (= no charge intended), just move with your JP as normal, run if you want to, get yourself some cover or get out of LoS.

If you're lucky enough and in possible charge range next turn, walk through and out of terrain( 2D6 pick highest I take it?) and blast off with the JP, 2D6 charge movement re-rollable if you wish. The best thing right now is that there's no dangerous terrain tests for them and you have a chance of not losing any effectivity regarding charge distance.

Also, you don't get to use you jump pack in both the move and the assault. You pick one or the other.

So:

6 inch move, 2D6 with re-roll charge. (hammer of Wrath attacks)

12 inch move, 2D6 charge (no re-roll). (no Hammer of Wrath attacks)

anyone know what happens when shooting at a transport...ie, can an assault squad explode a rhino with melta and then charge the marines inside ?

You can shoot a transport and assault the guys inside if the transport dies.

Is it me, or is Astorath the Grim really awesome at issuing challenges to anyone not in 2+ armor? 3 (4 on the charge) attacks at s6 ap3 forcing reroll of invul saves?

In "Flier mode" SR can ONLY zoom, which means it moves 18" - 36" (minimum = combat speed, anything else cruising). According to FAQ, Skies of Blood can be used if vehicle moves over 6". So this means the transported unit (jump infantry) can always disembark. Bad news for dreadnoughts and regular infantry though.

The units transported can still disembark even if they don't have jump packs (decent of angels), they just cannot use the controlled decent (single D6 scatter). They scatter 2D6, which increases the chance that a model might not be placed, thus destroying the entire unit.

Whoa.. I never realized this. Seemed quite logical that only a unit with jump packs might deep strike from a flying flier and I was happy with this thought! I suppose this also includes any embarked Dreadnought then?

Anyone know if our missile launchers can use the new "Flakk" missile type? It has "Skyfire" special rule which makes it great against enemy fliers. It's mentioned in page 415 in the rulebook if you want to check it out.

Here's a query... p 57 of the rulebook states that "all Missile Launchers come with Frag and Krak missiles as standard, and some have the option to upgrade to Flakk missiles" (i.e. the anti air one). Does ANY army get access to these via the FAQs as yet, or have they just invented a rule that nobody can use?

Also, loving the Relic mission. If we get first turn we can pick it straight up (deploy 12" away from the centre line, and it starts on the centre point, just have to finish our move in base contact), and then from turn 2 onwards get whatever assault squad is holding it back behind the rest of our army and play keep-away. Bonus points for cheekiness if instead you decide to drop pod a unit of death company on top of it in turn 1, and dare your opponent to try and take it :)

I think we can use skyfire now.

Most threads on the topic have come to the conclusion that no one except IG have any Skyfire, and that the optional upgrade clause means that ML devs do not get the skyfire missiles by default.

For now we are going to have to rely on flyers or fortifications for anti aircraft (or ally with IG).

Most threads on the topic have come to the conclusion that no one except IG have any Skyfire, and that the optional upgrade clause means that ML devs do not get the skyfire missiles by default.

For now we are going to have to rely on flyers or fortifications for anti aircraft (or ally with IG).

yeah, after relooking I think you are right.

Unless all missile launchers get flakk missiles, the only place I've seen skyfire is on our own stormravens.

Those are also our best bet at AA, str 8 ap 1 really rocks other planes, especially combined with the other non blast weapons we can strap on that thing.

I'd thought of that. More importantly though, killing the warlord nets you an extra VP, and Dante's oogy-boogy taking a wound down can really make it easier. Especially when some armies only run a solitary, 2-wound HQ choice (say, a librarian/chaplain), and you can nuke it. Added to that linebreaker (BA should have no problems getting a unit into the enemy DZ), and a deep-striking, non-scattering, in-on-a-3+-with-reroll, near-guaranteed-to-hit melta pistol for first blood, and any army with Dante has a great shot at picking up all 3 bonus objectives. Even discounting the axe fiasco, what he offers to the army is brilliant in terms of VPs.

From the BA FAQ:

"You'll also find that some of the weapons in this Codex are written out longhand, rather than using the weapon profile format in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook. Don't worry - these are functionally identical, unless noted otherwise in this document."

Now, I don't have the 6th edition BRB and I don't know if missile launchers have the flakk option, but if it does, don't you think that we should have it too?

Now, I don't have the 6th edition BRB and I don't know if missile launchers have the flakk option, but if it does, don't you think that we should have it too?

In the appendix at the back they do (p. 415). Problem is, in the middle of the book (p. 57) it says that all missile launchers come with frag/krak standard, "and some have the option to upgrade to include flakk missiles." Nothing is listed as having that option.

As usual, conflicting rules from GW ;)

In the appendix at the back they do (p. 415). Problem is, in the middle of the book (p. 57) it says that all missile launchers come with frag/krak standard, "and some have the option to upgrade to include flakk missiles." Nothing is listed as having that option.

As usual, conflicting rules from GW B)

In the appendix at the back, you mean in the SM wargear section? If so then we can have it too.

• 8 months later...

It's in the Weapons list in the back of the book, which just states the ML has flakk missiles as well.  Probably just to show the stats of the missile.  I believe pg.57 clearly states that flakk missiles are an upgrade.

Much like the Fortress of Redemption, you can upgrade its missile silo from a fragstorm to a krakstorm for a cost.  So I would have to say that we don't get them yet :(

Archived