Your hopes for 6th in relations to BA?

I just read that shooting fast vehicles requires a 6 to hit. If this is true we are going to be a lot more resilient to shooting. Which should make up for ws 0-1 thing.

source was the rumor round up on imperious dominatus. Don't know how reliable it is.

Also thunder hammer jump troops striking at i10??? Could possibly reduce opponents to i1 ? Can't wait to see how that works!

The I10 strike I imagine will be at base strength, no special weapon allowed. I believe it is to simulate the assault marine smashing feet first into the enemy.

So no FC and Init10 at the same time? Possibly OP for DoA, but since FnP is reduced I think that would have been a nice move of GW...S5 init 10 on the charge. Yummy.

Snorri

How much faith about charging after deepstriking? That could also be pretty sweet for DoA as well, especially with Dante.....

Man that would be so overkill! :) I can see the hat0rz right now in their shabby basements, raging about how impossible a unit of Sanguinary Guard w/ Dante and Priest on the charge(after DS) would be...priceless. :lol:

Snorri

How much faith about charging after deepstriking? That could also be pretty sweet for DoA as well, especially with Dante.....

Man that would be so overkill! :) I can see the hat0rz right now in their shabby basements, raging about how impossible a unit of Sanguinary Guard w/ Dante and Priest on the charge(after DS) would be...priceless. :lol:

Snorri

Don't forget the extra i10 hit on charge and Dante using his melta pistol in combat Snorri!!!!! More hate than the GK's lol

What I'm interested is the potential for Sanguinary Guard. As someone who hasn't used them yet (I prefer to have either lots of bodies or lots of long range shooting w/ good endurance and so lean towards tactical terminators), I am eagerly awaiting the new rules in regards to jump infantry, cc weapons AP, and possible inv. saves for master crafted weapons. IF the rumored PW being AP3 holds true these bad buys would almost become a must have in my lists. Along with this, is the +5 inv just in close combat or overall? If overall Sang Guard just received a huge boost, and if just in combat the Guard have become more viable.

What I'm interested is the potential for Sanguinary Guard. As someone who hasn't used them yet (I prefer to have either lots of bodies or lots of long range shooting w/ good endurance and so lean towards tactical terminators), I am eagerly awaiting the new rules in regards to jump infantry, cc weapons AP, and possible inv. saves for master crafted weapons. IF the rumored PW being AP3 holds true these bad buys would almost become a must have in my lists. Along with this, is the +5 inv just in close combat or overall? If overall Sang Guard just received a huge boost, and if just in combat the Guard have become more viable.

The guy (darnok) who dropped the 'invul saves for MC weapons' rumor is the same guy who said that PW are AP2. So SG probably aren't going to get both a 2+ save against PWs and an invul save. This is also the same source that dropped the 'fast vehicles only getting hit on a 6' and 'assaulting comes before shooting' rumors. Also interesting is that his rumor about charge distance is contradictory to the other rumor we got.

When he (Darnok) dropped all of those rumors, he indicated that he wasn't entirely confident in them: "These come from a birdy, but I'd advise on heavy NaCl-usage."

I'm with Deschenus in thinking that particular source's rumors sound too much like they are straight from the pancake edition.

I hate wishlisting ><;

buuuuuuuuut,

Man, im getting really excited about this now . I don't like giving energy into rumours either- not after the fake BA dex, but some of this sounds so cool.

Lots of nerfs, but some interesting buffs.

The rumour of fast vehicles being hit (shooting) on 6's is heaaavy. But, again, who knows. too early to tell. Wish there was a leak already, this wait pains me.

I really doubt that a fast vehicle will be hit on a fixed number, that would mean that an ork loota would have the same accuracy as our Dev squads.

But perhaps they'll get a cover save, or 'dodge' roll for moving fast (3+). That'd be pretty sweet, and would have me run rhino squads again.

I really doubt that a fast vehicle will be hit on a fixed number, that would mean that an ork loota would have the same accuracy as our Dev squads.

Good point. Wonder if its maybe hitting in combat?

Except that there's also the rummor that vehicles in close combat are WS0 if they didn't move and WS1 or 10 if they moved. So a fixed to-hit number doesn't fit in with that...

Things I am looking forward to

-Pistols in CC, this really adds a whole new dimension to list building

-Rapid fire at max range, welcome back sternguard. These guys were already good in some list and I look forward to including them

-Everything getting more deadly, AP on weapons and FNP going to 5+, cover going to 5+, mistakes will be much more punishing

-I10 stirkes, this is sort of a mixxed bag. If it pans out how it think it will it will replace the extra CC attack on the charge and in some cases that might not be what you want(maxxing PF attacks in a unit, Sang guard eat a nerf here)

Taking a "wait and see" approch to a lot of these rumors. The assualt on DS personally I think is tottally off base, what I would see happening is a new USR added that allows assualt on DS. Really just think about how powerfull all deepstriking armys would become its just unrealistic.

Charging after deep striking seems rather unbalanced. If this is true I would REALLY fear the nids. Tripple trygon lists with genestealers in Mycetic Spores would tear

up any army, and table them by turn 3.

Tripple trygon lists with genestealers in Mycetic Spores would tear

up any army, and table them by turn 3.

...and all of a sudden, GW releases mycetic spores with a hefty price tag, all nids players go crazy and buy loads of trygons, 'fexes and what else can embark on a spore. It's a brilliant move of an evil and mad genius! -_-

Snorri

Taking a "wait and see" approch to a lot of these rumors. The assualt on DS personally I think is tottally off base, what I would see happening is a new USR added that allows assualt on DS. Really just think about how powerfull all deepstriking armys would become its just unrealistic.

Definitely taking ANY rumor with a grain of salt is the right approach. However, with the DS/Charge thing, it hasn't really changed much from how it is now. Because, from the leaked rules, when you deep strike within 18" inches of an enemy, they get a free shot at you before you shoot. It just moves the phases around slightly, but at the same time speeds up the game immensely. Example: In 5th, you arrive, run/shoot, wait a turn while the enemy pours volleys into you. Now in 6th, you arrive, enemies shoot, then you charge all in the same turn. So while people think this DS/Charge thing is bad, lets not over react yet. It may not even be true, or if it is, it may not be a bad thing at all. I wouldn't mind gene stealers dropping down and getting to unload tons of bolter shots into them. :D

I see the benefit that charging after deep striking has for our army BUT... I see it as a thing that could really hurt us more then help.

We have a unit that can charge after deep strike already. Other armies do not. As pointed out above... the next thing we know a carnifex or a unit of genestealers could be rammed right into us with no warning. Death Star squads could be all over our back lines destroying the things we try to protect from them without us getting a chance to say anything.

Yes we could do it to other people... but we already can. We have the ability to put 30 soldiers in the enemy lines that can assault after deep strike. So, I am not to happy about giving that ability to every one else.

I hope to see cover saves take a hit so that power armor becomes more relevant again. If everyone is running around with at least a 4+ cover save our armor isnt as potent as it could be. The good cover saves help us, but they help horde armies a lot more.

I would also like something for our Captain choice... I love the fluff idea of taking a captain and him being the epitome of the army I have put on the board. Someone worth taking. But for that we will have to wait for a new codex... and then we all know our world will be flipped around.

I hope that they dont mess with the vehicle rules too much. People complain that vehicles are so powerful nowadays but I just dont see it. Rarely has there been a vehicle that has escaped my melta or missile launchers for long. At they same time I do not want to see them get anymore powerful. They have enough weapons on them and those weapons are big enough.

Finally I would like to see a much larger list of missions and scenarios in the BRB. Kill points needs to get the axe. How are you going to equate one full paladin squad to a group of guardsmen, gaunts or tac marines? IMHO that is bogus. Bring back Kill Team!

Archived