Space wolves wip

itasiah

Hi guys, here comes my new project: I've bought from a dude a Sw force but It was sunken in skull white and with no details left.So I had to scrath every single piece of plastic ;) and repositionate most of all.Now it's time for a bit o painting but I'm not sure about the colour scheme, so i beg for help.

This is a test model, closeup of helmet

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads...315_1074995.jpg

and fullbody

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads...7315_227952.jpg

is missing all the details work, battle damage/weathering etc etc

Not a bad colour scheme.

Throw in some burnt reds and a dark gold/brass detail and I think It'll look really good.

Keep the metal dark too, so it doesn't look too similar to the tone of your grey.

Couple of black washes over whatever the hell the new Boltgun Metal is called will do the trick.

Keep up the good work!

Mike.

Not at the moment, no, but well painted is well painted regardless; there aren't any pelts, pack markings or the like yet which visually separate SW Marines from normal Marines.

OK, this is my problem, I wasn't sure about the effectiveness of livery itself, so maybe could be better to turn to something more grey?

mind this: the rest of sw I'm working on are more characterized with pelts, teeths etc and only the test model is "neutral".

I don't want to be mistaken for a Chaos player with these sw. :)

You can't tell it is a Space Wolves because essentially, it is just a Marine painted grey. There are thousands of official and unofficial paint schemes out there. Many people use bits and pieces of Blood Angels or Space Wolves for their own Marines, even if they are a different chapter.

No one can tell which chapter a Marine belongs to whith only the armor parts of the body painted.

You don't even need all the pelts and stuff. The important things are shoulder pads and the chapter markings on them and without them we can't tell what chapter this Marine is from.

I like the scheme and the paintjob and it can definitely work for Space Wolves.

• 4 weeks later...
ok, thanks guys, It helps. but if I'didn't tell you what chapter it belonged to, can you ever tell was a sw?

Yeah, just needs a yellow stripe running front to back on the helm and you have...

Very nice stuff, very characterful conversions.

The very light grey is a lot like the original Rogue Trader SW grey to be honest and I don't think that it looks out of place at all.

...a full on RT era SW livery.

I like it so far

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived