At the dawn of judgement - The Winged Tribunal

DucAvieux

A Traitor Threefold Will Be Judged Thrice.

Hello brothers of the First legion, welcome to my general project log for my own successor chapter. I will update this thread with wip modelling and painting pictures, finished models, fluff and maybe even more. The first subproject you will find here is my E Tenebrae Lux vow. In addition to that I'll write a short introduction to the concept of my successor.

ETL vow: one company master with a storm bolter and a power sword, here's the before pic:

gallery_48514_6085_576060.jpg

Then drag out your modelling tools furioso-prime. :P It's simply modelling putty stuck to a filed down chest and shaped to my liking. Only tip I can give you is to make a small plasticard gorget to sculpt on.

That's a really cool conversion there, looks like something out of candleshoes' No Weapon So Savage project (I wholeheartedly endorse that you take a look if you haven't already)

My only criticism is that he perhaps looks a bit... chaos marauder-y for my own personal taste, but nonetheless, it is in keeping with the Dark Angels 'Dread knight' theme that I like to perpetrate

Is there any chance we could see a shot of that sword from another angle, it looks pretty different as far as I can see, or am I just seeing things?

• 1 month later...

As you might have gathered from the incredibly long interval between posts, I'm not too talkative a person. However when given my word I shall deliver and as such I hereby present to you the painted version of my ETL vow:

gallery_48514_6085_681912.jpg

gallery_48514_6085_1706824.jpg

gallery_48514_6085_515815.jpg

@ Tengo: That is indeed not a regolar powersword, it is a made up of a cut up sword of the black reach captain with a crossguard made from daggers

@ Augustus: I had thought about it indeed but I liked the model as is and feared I'd mess the thing up when adding too much

This fella was actually finished about a week ago. As I had intended to include the start of a second vow in this post I thought I'd wait for that model to arrive before taking pics. Sadly, after 2 weeks, I have still had no word at all on my supreme grand master. (Wonder what that means..)

To kill some time I did paint up a librarian however. The results of which I would not dare withhold from my audience

gallery_48514_6085_23346.jpg

gallery_48514_6085_366139.jpg

As for my chapters fluff, I have a head full of ideas about what I want with these guys. The problem is that some of those ideas don't exactly line up so I'm now in the process of writing stuff down on paper and making epic diagrams in order to get a clear and (more importantly) logical picture. I'll start adding some fluff texts in the near future. (Might even be this week)

For now: Cheers

Archived