Successor Chapter Expansion

Unforgiven2544

Good Morning Fellow Gamers,

If you check my signature below, you will notice that I have a reasonably large collection of unforgiven. I am contemplating the expansion of my forces but I am undecided which successor to choose. The three that are at the top of my list, and the direction I want to take with them:

Guardians of the Covenant

I would avoid the metallic color for the armor and instead focus on a dark slate grey to go with the red robes. Focusing more on the elites than the tactical squads, I would probably make a trio of Company Veterans units (to be used alongside my existing Dark Angels forces) that could also theoretically count as another power armored codex army.

Consecrators

The red stripe on the helmet would be a bit wider than in the example art, and the veterans would have red helmets with a black stripe. I would have roughly 60% of the army built with bionics and/or pre heresy kits from forge world. Up to and including the devastator and special weapons kits for the herexy era.

Angels of Vengeance

I would build these guys so that they would all have DA Robes or BT Tabards (with the chapter symbols obscured/filed down) and hoods. Probably a very close-combat oriented force. Perhaps themed after a penitent crusade.

The ulterior motive for me is to have a force that is still visually tied with the Unforgiven Chapters, but the models used will have secondary function as alternate Power Armor codex options.

Which one do you think would work the best with the existing forces I have already? Which one do you think is under-represented in general? Which codex rulesets would you use [in Addition to/Instead of the Dark Angels Codex]

Very Respectfully,

--Unforgiven

The term 'heavy bionics' may be misleading. I just imagine that a chapter that has been fighting that long would have suffered significant injury. :)

Fair enough. I really would like to see your take on the Consecrators and the supr-nice FW pre-Heresy stuff. I hope you'd go for it!

Consecrators are high on my list. And your encouragement makes it even more likely that I will add to the ranks of the Unforgiven with a squad or two.

Currently, I plan on getting a unit of the Forge World Heresy and Maximus (MkV and MkIV) and Forge World Bolter upgrades, and mix them in with a Standard Tactical squad of plastics. (I will get the old-school heavy weapons, I might get the devastator kit from ofrge world, but am leaning towards Missile Launcher for cost and versatility reasons)

Consecrators are high on my list. And your encouragement makes it even more likely that I will add to the ranks of the Unforgiven with a squad or two.

Currently, I plan on getting a unit of the Forge World Heresy and Maximus (MkV and MkIV) and Forge World Bolter upgrades, and mix them in with a Standard Tactical squad of plastics. (I will get the old-school heavy weapons, I might get the devastator kit from ofrge world, but am leaning towards Missile Launcher for cost and versatility reasons)

My vote goes for Consecrators too! They have a place in my heart and I'm teetering on the brink of making them the main element of my power armor troops as opposed to the single tactical squad I have now Maybe toss in some Corvus armor as well - if only as a throw back to the two official images that are found of them in the codex. I definitely think they are one of the more under represented.

The term 'heavy bionics' may be misleading. I just imagine that a chapter that has been fighting that long would have suffered significant injury. -_-

I don't follow you here, while I'm not against bionics (and even thought the keepers of such relics would have more Techmarines available... if the DA got a Master of the Forge character, I'd expect him to be a Consecrator), there is no indication of how long the Chapter was even around. There is no record of them until 40K. Because of that, I think of them as one of the youngest Unforgiven chapters - perhaps created with a certain purpose in mind. Maybe formed with haste, which might explain why they were given many of the Chapter relics as those were what were already on hand.

Maybe they are warming up the relics for when the Lion returns? :)

Archived